Death Curses

This mod adds temporary random curses if you die. Also included: death counter and mark map location.

6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Error !

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello, MFerrari.
I am enjoying the game very well thanks to the good mod.
However, an error occurred today.
suddenly during play,

Utilization Monitor (Blargh) (0.8.14) mod caused an unrecoverable error. Please report this error to the mod creator.

Error while running event Utilization MonitorBlargh::toggle-utilization-monitor (ID 434)

The Death Curses (1.0.13) mod caused an unrecoverable error. Please report this error to the mod creator.
Error while running event death_curses::on_runtime_mod_setting_changed (ID 61) . death_curses _ /controllua:335: bad argument #3 of 3 to'. _index' (string expected, got nil) stack traceback: [C]: in function' index' __death_curses__/control.lua:335: in function <__death_curses /controllua:330> stack traceback: [C]: in function' __newindex' -_Utilization MonitorBlargh _7 controllua:684: in function < Utilization MonitorBlargh__/controllua:683>

I'm using the "Utilization Monitor Blargh (by Blargh2015)" Mod.
I don't know which mod is the problem, so I post on both mod boards.
thank you

1 year, 5 months ago

Not sure why I didn't get the notification this thread got posted - sorry for delay.

I believe the issue is in the Death Curses mod. On line 335, the author has assumed a "on_runtime_mod_setting_changed" event always has a player_index, however this is not the case - see https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html section "on_runtime_mod_setting_changed":

"If the setting_type is "global" and it was changed through the mod settings GUI, this is the index of the player that changed the global setting. If the setting_type is "runtime-per-user" and it changed a current setting of the player, this is the index of the player whose setting was changed. In all other cases, this is nil."

1 year, 5 months ago

Thanks for the report. New version released

New response