Deadlock Stacked Recipes

This mod makes recipes using stacked ingredients to produce stacked output. The reason for this mod is I have found some mod packs can end up with major speed boost that even loaders are unable to provide the resources fast enough

7 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b 10 times too slow

2 years ago

For me, all manufacturing processes are by a factor of 10 too slow compared to the original production (test setup: melting iron ore - making plates - original once and in parallel with DSR).
What could that be?

The mod idea is great and makes building it easier.
Thanks for the work.

2 years ago

Each recipe crafting time is scaled by the stacking size. So if you have picked a stacking size of "10" then a recipe that would normally take 1sec now takes 10sec.

The whole idea originated when we were using some mods that gave us speed-25 modules. And we were hitting the game internal limit of one craft per tick (60 ticks per second). So I wrote this module to allow batching of recipes. So instead of 1x product per craft, you got 10x products per craft.

2 years ago

Thank you for the explanation.
Can you add an adjustable multiplier that changes the speed?
If I refine iron ore, for example, it originally takes 2 seconds, with the mod 20 seconds for an ore.
At the moment I am unfortunately unable to use the mod as it is, which is a shame.

2 years ago

It is meant for when you have beacons and speed modules. You put a stack of 10 iron ore into a smelter and get a stack of 10 iron plates out. Yes, the recipe takes 20 seconds as a result. But with speed-25 modules in your beacons, this could be sped up so the recipe only takes 0.2 seconds.

2 years ago

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand it.
If I install the modules in my "old" machines, they will also be faster - if necessary, you can "feed" them with conveyor belts.

I was looking for a mod that also works at the beginning of the game and then I don't have to rebuild the factory.
Thank you for your work - your mod is great and a good idea.

2 years ago

The point is that stacked recipes are not faster, but are more granular to avoid the tick issue.