Data Science

by dorfl

Adds data science elements to blue, purple and yellow science packs, requiring collection, cleansing and analysis of production data across the entire base.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i some extension / suggestions

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello,

i included this mod into my base…..

I may have some suggestions (its very nice but from my point of view, but nevertheless it’s a fine mod…)

As I understand the including of the data into science packs I would more take the approach of designing the data as a ‘data-science-pack’ for including into the research-labs; also in this manner it would not break the base game too much (as I have a very mature base its quite difficult to include the additional ingredients to the assemblers for the science packs)

As the punchcards are nice remembering the past :-) I could envision something other….
Take the punchcards and the data as drawings for the first two science packs, after all a base needs some planning…
Store the cleansed data in a ferrit-ring-storage or electronic-memory-tube and in a ram-storage and then include the mass of data into other fitting researches

At least some bigger area coverage of the sensor (either base or say Mk2/3, where as mk2 could be area size of powerstation and mk3 could be radar size) through some additional research

It seems that the data-collector can fetch all the data in the whole map, I may find that to big, it would restrict the range to somewhat4 or 8 times the size of a radar.

From a logical point of view you could also make differnces in the data; say; furnaces -> material-data; refinery and chemical-plant -> chemical-data; assemblers -> production-data………
But I don’t know if its possible and hows impacting UPS..

4 years ago

IIRC limiting the collector range in 0.16 was a bit UPS heavy due to on-tick code complexity and some limitations of the Lua API. It might be possible to do a better job in 0.17.

What do you mean by "Take the punchcards and the data as drawings for the first two science packs" ?

4 years ago

For drawing card i mean that a first Data-collection/storage could be just a pencil drawing without any machine needed like for punchcards

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I build up a fairly sized production for all the data...

i noticed that the punchcard production sucks up all the wood in no time....

There i would suggest to change the recipe to produce 100 (maybe 200) punchcard out of one wood or take plastic-bar as resource for the punchcard (mkII). Other possibility is maybe using a electronic storage

Especially later if you research the infinity technologys you will need to add some other mods for producing all the wood for the punchcards

second topic was the use of the steam from the computers as i have solar as energy source.
I resolved it with the flarestack mod and burn the steam (hehe) but here also you could us the steam in the punchcard prodcution if you use wood instead of water so that will be covered

New response