Creative Mode

by Mooncat

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games.

Content
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.15
Cheats

b don't work in 0.15.11

6 years ago

need fix

6 years ago

mine needs fix too

6 years ago

The error message states:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "creative-mode_fluid-source" (assembling-machine): Crafting machine fluidboxes must be input or output types.

6 years ago

Keep telling this guy....
Base Mod is 0.15
NOT base>=0.15.11

base>=0.15 is the only working version until 0.16 dude.

It will not work with this updated version you keep putting

6 years ago

HOW TO FIX ON YOUR OWN....

c:\Program Files\Factorio\data\mods

look for the zip file. Creative-mode_0.3.4.zip

Unpack it into its own dir
LIKE THIS:
data\mods\creative-mode_0.3.4

NOT LIKE THIS:
data\mods\creative-mode_0.3.4\creative-mode_0.3.4

Use a text editor

Edit: info.json

{
"name": "creative-mode",
"version": "0.3.4",
"title": "Creative Mode",
"author": "Y.Petremann, rk84, Mooncat",
"homepage": "https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=28005",
"description": "Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games.",
"factorio_version": "0.15",
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.15.11"]
}

Change last line
Change to: "dependencies": ["base >= 0.15.0"]

Save the file.

Start game.

That should fix the problem and get you going again.

6 years ago

But you are the only one who is having problem with the base mod version...
"base >= 0.15.12" means you need Factorio 0.15.12 to run the latest CM. If CM is giving you error, either disable CM temporary and wait for the fix, or downgrade Factorio.
Changing it to 0.15 or 0.15.0 won't change the fact that there are problems when loading the prototypes because their formats/requirements are changed.
The only advantage of doing so is to let you use CM in previous versions of Factorio. But I won't do it officially because this may make it more difficult to maintain.

BTW, I rarely check this board, because it is hard to read and most importantly, I won't get any notification for new messages. If you really need me to read your message early, please use the forum.

6 years ago

There is no 0.15.12 and your the only one changing base that flags it red. The only base is .15.0 from factorio om the 0.15.1 stable version. And Yes I keep seeing people saying it stop working... CM is the only one Im having the problem with, and its that your not following what the program will do. NO ONE is changing the base at this point in time. I have over 110 mods and yours is the only problem other then those that have not updated to 0.15.1

6 years ago

Just update to Factorio 0.15.12. There is no 0.15.1 stable version. The whole 0.15 branch is still experimental.
People said it stopped working just because there were changes on the prototype formats in Factorio, and they have been fixed. And I was not the first one to fix that. mickael9 was the first one who spotted the problems and fixed that. If base mod version is really a problem, how come he could provide fixes, right?
So, just please make sure you are using the latest Factorio version.
0.15.12: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47929

6 years ago

Looks like your updating it on the "experimental release" side and not on the stable release side of ver 0.15 and thats why you keep adding the 0.15.?? at the end. On the stable release side of 0.15 is it. Like I said, your the only person doing it this way.. None of the other mods are doing it like this. Maybe they get it.. Change your version not the base until the base of the "experimental release" is up with stable side... sounds like it something you should take up with a staff member. Im using a stable version and your using a experimental release version that your changing the base to that doesn't work with the stable release that factorio put out or you downloaded experimental release that is 0.15.16 (headless) at this time.. this version "0.15.16 (headless)" is a experimental release version and is not stable.

6 years ago

THERE IS NO STABLE 0.15 YET!
I repeat!
THERE IS NO STABLE 0.15 YET!
The whole 0.15 branch is still experimental! Ask the devs if you are not sure!

And it is necessary to use 0.15.13+ now due to API changes!
If you can't update to the newest Factorio, just use the old version.

6 years ago

I can confirm, there is no stable 0.15 version. Lankster, you're talking nonsense and your "fix" is a bad idea too.

6 years ago

I can confirm, it's all fake news!

New response