Creative Mode (Fix for 0.16)

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now.

Content
6 years ago
Cheats

b Creative Mode tab disappears from inventory and creative items randomly stop working

6 years ago

Every so often when I go into my test world, the Creative Mode tab is not available in the inventory and the creative mode items (like the fluid source) won't display their GUI when I click on them. I have to disable the mod, go into the world, save it, re-enable the mod then load the world in order to get Creative Mode working again.

6 years ago

Semi-known issue; can be fixed with the console:

/c remote.call("creative-mode", "disable")
/c remote.call("creative-mode", "enable")

If it can be reliably reproduced I can probably fix it.

6 years ago

I can't run the disable command. I get a window saying "Disable Creative Mode?" but no buttons appear and I can't close the window. In the terminal I get an error:

https://i.imgur.com/QKT8eFa.jpg

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Guess I missed patching that in one file. Uploaded a fixed version. This doesn't fix the underlying issue, just that broken dialog.

5 years ago

Upon disabling creative mode it is not removing the infinite resources, I used this to create a layout for my factory then wanted to disable it, but it kinda spils it if i cant disable the infinite and free resources, Am i missing something?

Thanks

5 years ago

Make new posts for new issues, don't reply to topics that are nearly a year old and unrelated.

If you are talking about infinite handcrafting, that's controlled by Factorio itself so it stays enabled when creative is disabled, so you'll need to disable that individual cheat from the cheats menu. If it's a different issue, make a new post and describe it clearly.

5 years ago

@little red you should enable creative, draw regular resources of the amount you want and then disable it again.

This thread has been locked.