Crafting Efficiency

Adds technologies to increase the gain of wastefull and expensive processes, such as copper cable, steel, gears, circuits, and engines. Requires omniLib which enables dynamic recipe generation and auto-updating entities in world with newer recipes. Works on items even if mods change their recipes. Updated for Factorio v18

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

g Productivity Module change

4 years ago

Just noticed that after updating to 17.36 all the productivity modules I had in assemblers with crafting efficiency recipes have been removed. and I can not add them back as I get the message "Productivity modules are only usable on intermediate products".

Is this a deliberate change (as i dont see it in the change log) or has something in 17.36 (or omnilib) broken this?

Thanks

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

last update to CE was 1.0.5 almost two months back.
17.36 i believe is a factorio update itself. Since CE hasn't changed. The cause can only be factorio or Omni.
Omni just updated to 3.08 a day ago. But it's last major release was 3.07.
Can you switch it back (just omni) to 3.07 and let me know if this resolves the issue?
(I'm assuming that 3.07 was the version you were using before you last updated factorio/mods).

edit: disregard.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

tried to run my own test enviornment, and all sorts of (other stuff) is broken.
looked at the published* change logs and don't see anything descriptive there that would explain WHY modules were deleted, except something from 17.35 that was related to upgrade planner and modules.

omni 3.07 breaks when paired with 17.36 and CE's copper-wire efficiency due to player entity being renamed to "character" in 17.36"?" most likely. Edit: (omni and factorio 17.36 Fixed in omni 3.08)

so....fun times.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

...(removed)

4 years ago

disregard. found that issue is also across omni's other stuff. productivity modules broke across the board. thinking a patch may be in order.....stay tuned.

4 years ago

found the issue. omniLib will be updated with fix soon. thankyou for reporting.

4 years ago

Many thanks for fixing it :)

New response