Crafting Efficiency

Adds technologies to increase the gain of wastefull and expensive processes, such as copper cable, steel, gears, circuits, and engines. Requires omniLib which enables dynamic recipe generation and auto-updating entities in world with newer recipes. Works on items even if mods change their recipes. Updated for Factorio v18

3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

i More Science fix compability

5 years ago

Hello! I'm playing with More Science and found a little problem in compability.
Your mod does add efficient recipes, but More Science has 2 recipes for first science pack: basic and with liquid science.
Seems normal, i can just use basic crafting for first science pack, but i can craft them only with pretty slow first level assembling machine. I can't craft them with other assembling machines(I blame More Science right now).
Could you somehow change efficient recipe to liquid one or (probably perfect way)make both?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

data.raw["recipe"]["science-pack-1"].category = "ms-basic-crafting"
table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-1"].crafting_categories, "ms-basic-crafting")

Found this in More Science. So it was intended way, not a bug as i thought.
Then there is only a request for a liquid recipe, please.

5 years ago

I did some of the work. Check if you want:

https://github.com/LetsOffBrains/Factorio-CraftingEfficiency-MoreScience-fix/commit/45d57a0141d6d68fe0ac242ab02c24b6457a2197

I did not find a way to include both recipes, but it’s not necessary.

5 years ago

I have a way to include all recipes for an item the problem is I haven't been able to resolve conflicts that occur when there's a compression or stacking or recycling type recipe

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

with the upcoming release of 0.17 i'll probably be waiting for any changes till after it's released. I have a few drafts/ideas on how to both improve the mod in general, and extend it's features and compatibility with other mods that add variety/alternate recipes to items. But ensuring a method to prevent cheating or item-duplication is essential, so that MUST be put in place before any major changes that relate to this.

New response