Combat Log

by chriswa

Keeps a log of combat alerts.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
Combat

g Long Preservation.

1 year, 2 months ago

With at least one point in the history, it takes much longer to save.

As well as the errors I saw in the log:

6046.843 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6046.843 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
6047.443 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6047.443 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
6047.593 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6047.593 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
6047.743 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6047.743 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
6048.259 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6048.259 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
6048.959 Script @__combat-log__/control/gui-window.lua:242: on_row_button_click! button: 4 id: 2
6048.960 Script @__combat-log__/control/clusters.lua:223: remove_attack_cluster failed!
1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks for this feedback. I'm not sure why saving would take longer with the rather small amount of data this mod adds, but I'll try to think about what might cause this. I'm playing Space Exploration right now, and saving takes a long time, but I don't think that's caused by Combat Log?

I'll clean up the logs for the next release, but I can see you were right clicking on the same row and it wasn't getting removed. I'll try to think of how this might have happened. Please let me know if you can provide any more details about what was happening at the time. Were you able to remove that row eventually? Were you able to remove other rows?

1 year, 2 months ago

About saving - playing on a weak machine. Saving with Space Exploration and our map takes about 12 seconds, but if there is at least 1 record in the log, it takes about 30 seconds. At the same time the second time will not be so long (if you leave the same log). But this I have not yet convinced to the end.

About the error - I saw it by accident. But in the game itself, I did not see anything. I just clicked on the only line of the log to remove it, well, it was immediately deleted. Although in that case it was more like a log of 5 lines, each of which I successfully removed. But you can see the logs themselves in the message header.

New response