Colorblind Pollution & Nests

Changes the color of the pollution & nests for easier visibility on the map.

Tweaks
8 months ago

g Auto-update

LCStark β˜†
8 months ago

Hey there!

Great idea for a mod, the pollution color was probably the only thing that bothered me due to my color blindness, and I just powered through it by quickly enabling/disabling it and squinting hard to try and see the difference. Now I don't have to anymore! :)

As for the need for manual update / rechart - there's a function script.on_init, which gets called when the mod gets first added to a save, so you can put the rechart function there to do it automatically. I've unpacked your mod and added a control.lua file:

script.on_init(function()

game.forces.player.rechart()

end)

And it worked like charm. :)

8 months ago

You're a legend! Thank you so much for doing this, you have no idea how much it means :D

I too, always had to spam the button and squint to see the differences. I used to code in Project Zomboid LUA a little bit, really fiddled around so I forgot most of it. So, thank you very much, I'm sure your contribution will help people a lot!

I've added it to the code and will upload it to the website in a second, once again, love you for this <3

LCStark β˜†
8 months ago

My pleasure! :)

I'm kinda in the same situation - I've done some LUA scripting years ago and forgot most of it. I've finally decided to get a bit more seriously into Factorio modding literally yesterday, so now I'm both learning Factorio API and re-learning LUA. :P

And the mod is great, it's one of those things I've always missed and didn't even think if it is possible to do. I've seen some color blindness mods on the portal, yet it never occurred to me to check for pollution color. Brilliant!

New response