Chunk sized roboports and power poles.

Resizes the roboports area to fit exactly one chunk, the big power pole to span one chunk and the substations to cover one quarter of a chunk.

Content
18 days ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Can this be added to an existing game

6 years ago

?

6 years ago

even if it can be added (i didn't check it myself), the current values probably would break a lot by reducing substation coverage and roboport coverage :-(

i like the idea to adjust reach and coverage to chunks, but to make it useful i would need to have different adjustments, eg :
- increase large pole reach from 30 to 32 or even 34 to give a little tolerance when building them not 100% exactly on the chunk raster.
- for substations, the old value in factorio 0.14(?) was only 14 and at that time an increase to 16+ was useful, but that reach and coverage was already increased in vanilla to 18 a while ago, probably (at least partially) because of what i said above for large poles (i don't know why they didn't also adjust the large poles to 32+). the idea of "chunk sized substations being increased to 16" probably originates from those old versions. thus please don't reduce substation coverage now, to not break existing setups, and keeping it at 18 instead of 16 won't hurt.
- for roboports, similar applies of what i wrote about substations. please don't reduce coverage area for existing roboports. also, the current coverage of 50x50 (wasn't that also increased by a bit some versions ago?) is already useful since 48 is 1.5 chunks and thus 4 roboports can very well cover 3x3 chunks.

suggestions for new coverage areas (but please do that only on NEW ADDITIONAL roboports):
- 64x64 (or better 66x66; see above) to cover 2x2 chunks for logistics area, and 128x128 (or 130x130 or 132x132) to cover 4x4 chunks for the construction area,
- 30x30 to NOT cover an entire chunk and NOT connect to neighboring networks, thus allowing separate logistic networks, eg for dedicated sub-factories, mining, (un)loading stations, etc.

New response