Capacity Combinator

Have accumulators actual and total charge as signals in your circuit network, with capabilities to measure capacities up to about 1.8 Γ— 10^308 joules. We use the electric network id for accounting of all calculated values within each electric network

Content
11 days ago
Circuit network

b [done] mod interaction bug

3 years ago

doesn't detect enhanced energy grid, energy.. storage, when placed next to them.

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi,

do you have more information about this? Versions, mods versions, entity names etc?

Regards,

-max2344

3 years ago

its working for me, but values seem out of scale. Have you tried placing the combinator next to a power pole and changing the value of 1 / 10 ^ X?

in version 1.1.0 I added a connector light indicating if the combinator is on and if values are in range.

3 years ago

I will give it a try...

test one placing and charging a single.. lithium-ion grid storage. no modification

no output

1. adding a 1 to the 1/10^x. this give me 1/10th of the values I am looking for.

yes output

1. adding just a second lithium-ion grid storage.

no output

1. add a second + 1 to the 1/10^x.

yes output..

1. moving the capacity reader over and changing the value to 1 and seeing until it saying and output yes...

yes output also the range need to be shown when holding the item ready to place it on the ground as a power pole does.

1. adding a second type of storage. NiMH grid scale..

no,

1. add 1 to the value. (set to 2)

yes.

1. adding a third type fly wheel......

yes.... but I didn't need to add 1 to the value and the numbers don't.... make sense

I see what you mean by values being "out of scale" have you considered that the 1/10^x value seems to be .... (aside from the fly wheel) linked to the amount of storage medium for power but the equation for 1/10^x gives you no output when set to 0 and 1/10^x is 1
1/10^x set to 1 is 1/10
1/10^x set to 2 is 1/100

depending on the math you have going on in the back you may have mulched the numbers from what is intended.

9 adding a second capacity combinator in various ways

no new info or conflicts...

1. trying just a fly wheel

1/10^x set to 0... nothing..

1... nothing

2.... yes something but again bad numbers

3 same thing

1. vanilla accumulator... did similar tests all working... and outputs even when numbers on 1/10^x are not right....

maybe..... the 91GJ of the fly wheel and sother storage mediums are over causing a number overflow.... past..... 2 billion ish...

if this is how the power combinators wor to....

I think all values are becoming 0 when a single value goes past 2 billion. I have been testing a 9.6T joule energy buffer and this may be breaking things...

kilo, mega, giga, tera

thousand, million, billion, trillion

yeah for large bases using large energy. this mod and power combinators may have a problem... any workarounds?

3 years ago

TLDR.
so I see the light to indicate if the values are in range on the combinator but the combinator still says "working" with a green light not on the combinator but the info tab, is this a bug?

I am planning on building a 100ish science per minute map if I use this I can scale the energy value down by factors of 10. but I lose some granularity. so I guess there is a work around.

and the 1/10^x number has nothing to do with the number of the storage mediums in range.

also, the power area needs an outline for how far it goes or a setting to modify it even better.

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago

Hi,

the prescaler must be set moreless in the exponent range of the accumulators. Eg. if you use 90GJ accumulators then the prescaler should be 9 or 6 in order to receive a reasonable signal.

Regards,

-max2344

New response