Very BZ

by brevven

Mod pack for all BZ Mods including Titanium, Lead, Tungsten, Silicon, Zirconium, Foundry & more. Turns on some settings by default, but adds nothing new to the game itself.

Mod packs
1 year, 4 months ago

g A request

1 year, 3 months ago

Hey! So, I am tinkering with collections of mods to try to work out what'll be a fun playthrough ... and I had a small request. Teeny tiny, miniscule. Itty Bitty. ... ... could you just rename all of your mods?

Okay I'm totally being tongue in cheek, so please forgive me. But uh. Hear me out, because it's not as stupid as it sounds. The problem I'm hoping to address is: when I go to experiment with a collection, I have to toggle on/off a bunch of monds; when it comes to your mods, I have to search through my whole (very long) local mod list to [dis/en]able all of the BZ mods sprinkled in the alphabetical landscape, and invariably I miss one and have to go back through a whole (very long) load/save cycle -- or more, depending on how smooth my brain is that day.

Could they be like, 'Brevven's Titanium," "Brevven's Lead," etc. so they're all glommed together in a stack on the list? I know it's not actually a small change. But at least it's food for thought. Thanks!

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi! I definitely appreciate your request and explanation. I probably will not rename them. But not just to be stubborn, I have what I believe is a pretty good reason.

But first - there are a couple things you should be able to do to make your life a bit easier.

First off, in the game's mod manager page, if you search for bz you should be able to filter to all BZ mods you've already installed (and perhaps some other mods that are compatible). You can use the top checkbox to turn off all BZ mods that way. I think the mod installer page works the same way, too.

Also, if you're using the mod-list.json modlist, then all BZ mods start with bz, as well, and should be in alphabetical order near one another. Similarly, in the mods directory, they'll all be alphabetically under bz. You can delete the mods to remove them from your current mod list.

As for why. I originally conceived these mods as very much a broadening of vanilla. I've tried to build compatibility so each mod works with other mods, and mix-and-match loadouts, as if they were just an extension of vanilla.

As such, while I've added modpacks and tried to keep them somewhat organizable as listed above, they still remain distinct from one another.

Adding "Brevven's ..." to the front of the name would cause a couple things.

Firstly, it might make folks think they are meant or required to play with more than one, or all of the mods at once. Like an implied modpack.

It also might make the mods feel more like an overhaul, instead of that "broader vanilla" feel I'm going for.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thank you for the reply! And you know what, that's a totally fair reason. :)

And thank you for the search; I'd tried 'brevven' and for some reason that didn't narrow the search in Factorio's mod manager, but BZ did it perfectly.

New response