Very BZ

by brevven

Mod pack for all BZ Mods including Titanium, Lead, Tungsten, Silicon, Zirconium, Foundry & more. Turns on some settings by default, but adds nothing new to the game itself.

Mod packs
1 year, 4 months ago

i Disabling all vanilla recipe modifications

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Hi. Is it possible to add a global option to your mods that disables all vanilla recipe modifications? Yes, I know I can add individual recipes to the "Bypass recipes", but that's a bit complicated.

Thank you very much.

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi! While this is possible to do, I'm a bit hesitant to do so. Modifying vanilla is the core identity of each of these mods. If someone were to use the setting to disable ALL vanilla modifications, the demand for and use of each resource would be quite low.

Perhaps you could explain what you are looking to accomplish with this setting?

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. It's a specific situation, I'm probably the only one who requires it. I only use your mods as a source of ores and unique recipes. I modify vanilla recipes in my own way. Some of my tweaks are the same as yours. For some, I change the ingredients and quantity. I also slightly modified your original recipes.

1. Ideally, I would like "lite" or "pure" versions of your mods. Free from tweaks, dependencies on other mods. Just ores and your unique recipes. I'm aware that doing it for one person doesn't make sense because it's a lot of work.

2. Turning off all vanilla modifications in one step will help me. If it means just a few tweaks to the code, I'd appreciate it. If not, my life won't fall apart... :-)

Thanks.

1 year, 9 months ago

Ah that does make sense. I think this is pretty feasible to do. I'll think on the best way to do it.

1 year, 8 months ago

I think the plan at this point is to make a new mod (something with a scary name like "Optional Advanced BZ Settings") which will include the "lite/pure" setting along with some other cross-mod settings.

This does mean the "lite" setting will be for all enabled BZ mods at once. Supporting lite-per-mod would get unwieldy, as the mods do have a fair bit of interdependence and it would create unpredictable situations.

1 year, 8 months ago

Alright, we have a first try at this. Check out the "Tabula rasa" setting in this new mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bzsettings

New response