Very BZ

by brevven

Mod pack for all BZ Mods including Titanium, Lead, Tungsten, Silicon, Zirconium, Foundry & more. Turns on some settings by default, but adds nothing new to the game itself.

Mod packs
1 year, 4 months ago

i silver

1 year, 9 months ago

Silver is widely used in electricals, electronics, solar, photovoltaics, and some chemical processes. I wonder if it would make sense for silver to be used in red circuits somehow. In SE, perhaps in the electronic components that go into the higher tier circuits and electricals. Possibly as an additive to high quality solder that gives productivity boosts for recipes that use it over basic solder.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I do hope to get to silver sort of soon, and these are good ideas for it. I think there will likely be one more mod prior to it (probably Chlorine). I'm currently still leaning towards doing silver alongside gold, platinum, and palladium as a "Noble metals" mod. Of course, plans are always subject to change.

1 year, 9 months ago

Is it k2 that has "rare metals"? Nobles as a replacement for this would be good IMHO. Perhaps platinum and palladium as things you initially get as side-products of processing gold and silver ores, with ore-washing the gold/silver ores recovering substantially more of the other nobles.

1 year, 9 months ago

The rare nobles platinum and palladium as ingredients for higher tier modules, perhaps. I'll stop spamming you with ideas now. These are your mods, not mine :D But perhaps you get ores from these from an alternate gold/silver processing recipe - the base recipe gives you stone as a side-product and the enhanced one gives you a lot less stone and a trace of ores for these metals. In SE I'm thinking of the situation where you would not plan to launch a rocket full of palladium because it is a low-quantity item. I really will stop now. Thanks again for your mods.

1 year, 9 months ago

:)

All the brainstorming is helpful. The more options I have the easier it is to thread the needle between "vanilla" feel and realism.

1 year, 6 months ago

I'm so excited for noble metals

New response