Titanium

by brevven

Adds titanium ore to the base game. Titanium is mined with lubricant and used in Low Density Structures, Flying Robot Frames and a few other places. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, and more. A standalone piece of BZ Mods. With graphics by snouz.

Content
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g More complex smelting

9 months ago

Dear Brevven, have you considered more complex smelting recipes for your mods? Now all smellting is like "place ore to furnace and heat to get metal plates". It is 1) bit boring and 2) all advanced metals have nearly same production cost as basic iron. Option to have more diverse and complex smelting chains (akin to berillium/holmium/iridium smelting in SE) would be greatly appreciated!

For example, three-step titanium production chain (loosely based on real-life chloride process https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloride_process) could look like this:
1) titanium ore + coal + chlorine -> titanium tetrachloride (fluid)
(made in chemical plant or SE industrial furnace)
2) electrolysis of titanium tetrachloride -> titanium sponge + chlorine (less than used in step 1)
(made in K2 electrolyser)
3) titanium sponge -> titanium plate
(made in electric or industrial furnace)

4 months ago

Hi there. Thanks for this feedback and sorry for delay in reply.

I think broadly, yes, I would like to add options for more complex production chains for a variety of smelting resources. The specific process you suggested is indeed one on my mind (IIRC Nullius overhaul modpack has a great implementation of it) It's a matter of time and effort so I can't promise when I might get to it.

New response