Burner Fuel Bonus

by DaveMcW

Burner inserters and machines run faster if their fuel has an acceleration bonus.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Disco Science

3 months ago

Hey, first of all, thank you! really nice mod!

I'm using it with JRCoal and OnlyBurner and its working nicely (op af but thats another topic :D)

Just a heads-up, as I was having problems with the DiscoScience mod reporting some error that "some entities were deleted outside their scope" ..
https://imgur.com/eqNeWKg

Didn't really think much of it, until I was testing around and removed the BurnerFuelBonus without disabling it first, pretty much all the burner machines vanished (as expected, esp with OnlyBurner). This made me aware of how the mod works, by replacing the machines with high-speed ones... which might be the problem of DS. I was wondering as over time all the labs errored out one after the other and I didn't get why.

The reason might have been because I changed fuel midgame, from non-bonus to bonus, which then crawled through the belts (as fuel takes some time) and hit each lab at random time intervals...

Now I've disabled the bonus and rebuilt all the labs, no problem so far.
Couldn't reproduce it though with the already built labs, it seems re-enabling the FuelBonus doesn't re-replace the machines?
When placing a new lab it happens pretty much instantly.

I'll be looking out for more clues, didn't really care DS errored out as it could also be something unrelated (I do play with a lot of other mods) but if thats the reason maybe its worth reporting.

3 months ago

Thinking about it the compatibility for this edge case (burner labs, actual fuel with bonus, and burner fuel bonus mod) probably needs to come from DiscoScience... will post a report there as well :)

New response