Burner Fuel Bonus

by DaveMcW

Burner inserters and machines run faster if their fuel has an acceleration bonus.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Burner entities are more valuable than ever before

4 years ago

Having acceleration bonus improve burner entity efficiency is a great way to keep them relevant throughout the game. In the case of modded fuels it's even capable of making them a more superior choice if fuel needs can be sustained before higher tier electrical entities are unlocked.

I've tested all the fuels that the mods I use incorporate, though I did notice that nuclear fuel when Bob's Chemicals and Intermediates is installed doesn't apply the bonus despite the fuel itself still having it.

https://puu.sh/DZukI/56d8c6082a.png

In this image is the test layout with the fuels denoted in the chests. AAI, Bob's, Angel's, and MadClown's fuels are present and functional. Disabling Bob's mods does allow nuclear fuel to apply the bonus so there's a conflict there somewhere, and while the 500% pollution penalty makes nuclear fuel very unattractive, it's still unusual that it's not working.

In any case, thank you for this simple and effective mod. I'll be converting many things into AAI Industry's fuel for a 175% bonus early on to really give the burner phase a major boost without the need to rush for electricity. That will greatly improve the burner phase of the game for my group in ways yet unknown to us.

4 years ago

Thanks for the tests!

Can you tell me the minimal set of mods needed to reproduce the nuclear fuel bug? I tried with only Bob's Chemicals and Intermediates and it worked fine.

4 years ago

Try adding Bob's Revamp alongside it. The two work together to make further changes.

4 years ago

Thanks, version 0.0.7 is now compatible with Bob's Revamp.

4 years ago

All is right with the world.
http://puu.sh/DZJHo/8bd41969d4.png

If you're bored one day perhaps you can guess the percentages of the fuels used by the numbers provided.

New response