Bucket Wheel Excavators - with visual markers deprecated

by Kingdud

Marking this mod as Deprecated. Please use MiningUPSGrade instead. Adds 3 types of large Bucket Wheel Excavators. Includes visual marker for easier placement.

Content
5 years ago
Mining

g Since you locked hte License thread

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Writing my name in any description or other notice is not enough to fulfill the MIT License. I wrote the specific things you have to do.
"Originally created by Laserzwei, who is too much of a jackass to be thankful for help."
Does not fulfill said criteria

5 years ago

After reviewing your changes in 0.0.4, I came to notice that the terms of the MIT License were not met yet.

"Originally created by Laserzwei, who is too much of a jackass to be thankful for help. All files in this zip, save thumbnail.png, BigWheelMinerSheet2.png, and HR-BigWheelMinerSheet2.png are under MIT license owned by Laserzwei. You must include the previous sentence and this one to avoid his wrath (and legit legal problems). thumbnail.png, BigWheelMinerSheet2.png, and HR-BigWheelMinerSheet2.png are not under any copyright and may be reused freely."

Still doesn't fulfill the criteria: It is required that you add an appropriete license file containing:
Copyright 2019 by Laserzwei

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

*License end
You may specify which files are affected by the license or those which are not, by writing them above or below the minimum required license text stated above. The licensefile is to be put in the highest hirarching folder which still contains files belonging to the copyrighted software (as of 0.0.4 that is the mods' rootfolder).
P.S.: I think you didn't want to actually write this:
"(...)All files in this zip, save thumbnail.png, BigWheelMinerSheet2.png, and HR-BigWheelMinerSheet2.png are under MIT license owned by Laserzwei. You (...)"
So you might want to change that as well...

5 years ago

Now, here's the real question. Think about the 2 hours you've spent trying to go over this with a fine tooth comb and point out every little flaw. For someone who said they wouldn't care if I made a derivative work, you seem to care an aweful lot. And it isn't about anything other than wounded pride. There's no money on the line, no fame, no praise. You're posting here purely because you're upset that I did exactly what I said I would do: fix a problem you refused to.

I tried to help you and you were both ungrateful and a jerk about it. In the 2 hours you've spent going over this mod, trying to find faults, you could have taken the .psd files I'd have given you and tweaked the borders to be something to your liking. But instead, you decided it was a better path to say you didn't care what I did, then get mad when I did something. "It's about the license!" No, it isn't. You don't care because of that, it's just the thin sheet you hide behind. You're not the big man, not the better man, and the moral high ground isn't yours.

I've done everything, including updates to this mod, to make people's lives better. You have done everything to show how bitter and angry you are. It's not fun is it? When someone can see through your bullshit. Next time, and even now, take someone's help and build on it, rather than trying to tear it down. Think about the 2 hours you could have spent looking at cat pictures, tweaking your factory layout, playing with your kids or wife (if you have them) or a billion other things that would actually bring you joy. Focus on making things better, not worse.

5 years ago

I don't know where you get the assumption I spend 2h eargerly waiting for your replies and tearing through your mod from, but I know the 15 minutes I spend didn't hurt me.
Neither do I know where you get the assumption from that I wouldn't care about a fork of my mod. The only time I wrote about your "threat" of a fork was:

"(...) I'll fork your project and make a version with black bars so the people can vote with their mod downloads."
- Kingdud
"Why not add black jack and hookers? /s
Seriously: For me making mods is not a competition for popularity. "
- Me

If you actually tried to help me, then you should have listened to the specific problems I observed with your Images. And help to improve them. But instead you started this huge self-important scene (Already back in my mod, not just here). You aren't offering help, you serve poison.
Now to the .psd files you mention. You tell me, I should fix your broken textures that I didn't ask for? And then, when I would've have basically done 100%("Fixing" your provided textures, would actually require to fully recreate them) of the work you would complain that I didn't add you to the contributers list? Nah, I'm not going down that road. Second: I don't have Photoshop, so for me the files are basically useless anyway...
I do care about forks/continuations/remixes/help with my mods (I do mods for other games as well). I requlary look into them and try to find new ideas and help fixing bugs/problems together with the Author. And I even care about the bad versions. And here comes my request for removing the picture into play.
I want your fork to be clearly distinguishable from my mod. Since you used the same thumbnail, unsuspecting users could've thought that your version was the (new) official one. And it was your immediate Lockdown of the license thread that made add the copyright clause, nothing else.
The License serves the same purpose on the code level. I don't want to be connected with you anymore(unfortunately the nature of the mod makes it unavoidable), I don't hold a grudge against your mod. I think it's great that you interpreted my mod in your own way, I simply don't like how you behave.

"You're not the big man, not the better man, and the moral high ground isn't yours.
I've done everything, including updates to this mod, to make people's lives better."
Quite a lot of self-importance for a few black squares. Do you think you have the moral high ground?

Thank you, for including the proper license. I wish you all luck and success and no false-flag-helpers with your mod. Do it as I do: Have fun modding!

New response