Bob's Tech

Research expansion

2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Cannot produce transport science packs

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, sorry for making a new thread about an issue that was already brought up. But it's from 4 months ago and I'd assume it was corrected or thoroughly looked into.

I have the same issue of the transport science pack (red pack that vaguely look like the vanilla one). Using FNEI and What is it really used for? respectively to check the recipe, both return no result for the recipe, however it is still used in recipes to make other types of science packs, such as the gold pack. Note that I have all the Bob's mods (author is Bobingabout for all of them) except the Clock and Coppermine mod.

Here is a screenshot of What is it really used for? not finding any recipe for the pack: https://i.imgur.com/tw7XMFM.png
I'd provide a screenshot of FNEI but it would be redundant, as clicking the craft button does nothing due to it not having a recipe at all (works fine with other recipes, such as the automation science pack). Additionally, I have all of Arch666Angel's mods, technology overhaul is disabled and no, I do not have Pycoal or whatever it is called.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some help, I came to a point where I cannot progress further without the transport science packs. The other thread lacked a proper solution and didn't even hint at what could be the problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have tried resetting my entire tech tree and even researched all the technologies that require an automation science pack. None of all the technologies unlocked have allowed me to discover/produce the transport science pack.

Edit 2: It seems starting a new save fixed it. No mods were added, removed or disabled. I don't know what went wrong.

3 years ago

I don't mean to make it look like I'm shrugging this off onto somebody else, but, if you have angels mods installed, then I can't really help you, you need to talk to angel about it. He changes so much about my mods that I don't even know what my mods look like when his are installed.

The red one, Transport science pack, is just the Logistic science pack in vanilla, and there should be a technology that unlocks it (as in vanilla). Make sure that is researched. if searching for "Transport" fails to find it, try searching for "Logistic".
At least in bob's mods, the recipe should be unchanged from vanilla, or only changed slightly, it should just cost 1 standard yellow inserter, and 1 standard yellow transport belt, or a grey basic transport belt if you have Logistics mod and the belt overhaul turned on.

New response