Bob's Tech

Research expansion

2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b science pack

5 years ago

Just to let you know that the logistic-science-pack from the 0.16 version of Bob's mod didn't get converted to advanced-logistic-science-pack on my old save.
It's possible to make the conversion?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Unfortunately not. I've actually discussed this on the forums when the change was first announced.
the new internal name for science pack 2 is "logistic-science-pack", the same name as my pack from 0.16.
0.17 applies a migration to turn science pack 2 into logistic science pack before my migration scripts, so by the time the game gets around to my migration files, the old science pack 2 and my logistic science pack are indistinguishable from each other.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks you for your answer.
I found a possible fix to that problem that was to change the "logistic-science-pack" from your mod on 0.16 to "advanced-logistic-science-pack" and do a migration on the item and recipe and play the save on 0.16 before play the save on 0.17 and it work.

5 years ago

or change name to example: High Tech Science Pack.

5 years ago

Changing it in 0.16 first would work, if someone had enough foresight to do it before updating factorio to 0.17, most people wouldn't do that.
and, there's already a science pack in 0.16 named High Tech, it was renamed to Utility in 0.17.

New response