Bob's Mining

Adds some useful mining tools and entities.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

b Mod cant load Version 0.18.31

3 years ago

New minig drill out. My server can't start without this mod.

Thanks for fix. :)

3 years ago

Posted, with error message in forum bug thread
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=497968#p497968

3 years ago

Got Factorio startup: Error loading mods: 'bobmining (0.18.1)' and 'Squeak Through(1.8.0)'

The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=211x197) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=194x94).:base/graphics/entity/electric-mining-drill/hr-electric-mining-drill-E.png

Will have to wait to play as I need bobmining loaded for anything to work, Squeak Trhough I can live without (for a short time :) )

Thanks for great mod - Bob's frustrating and fun (but, like this better then phy (urgh...) :D

Morten

3 years ago

Yeah, they didn't just replace the graphics, they completely changed the way the animation is played, introducing new logic.

Rather than trying to fix it, I decided it would be easier to change method. Clone and edit.
Took me about an hour to do it and make sure it was correct, the longer delay was because I was busy with other things before I could get around to fixing this, otherwise I could have released the update 2 hours ago.

3 years ago

The number of module slots is not working properly, you need to change in drill-functions.lua
module_specification = {module_slots = inputs.module_slots or 3}
to
mining_drill.module_specification.module_slots = inputs.module_slots or 3

3 years ago

Yes all drills have the same Module slots. I test it on my server and many moduls gone.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Updating to this removed all level 5 pumpjacks from my map...
(Or the mod didn't load and i disabled it at startup)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The number of module slots is not working properly, you need to change in drill-functions.lua
module_specification = {module_slots = inputs.module_slots or 3}
to
mining_drill.module_specification.module_slots = inputs.module_slots or 3

That is one way to fix it, but just putting mining_drill. on the front of what I did should also fix it.
My method doesn't care if module_specification exists or not, it just creates the table and assigns it. Your method assumes module_specification exists (Which it does in the un-edited base mod(vanilla), but experience has told me that you can never assume anything, not even base, because in a lot of cases, when you do, other mods delete or change it before yours load, and cause issues)

Anyway, uploading a fix.

3 years ago

Just a few hours to get a working mod fix out is awesome! I was expecting days of wait for a fix.
Still loving bob's mods. Testing without Angels or any other stuff that makes it even harder to do stuff. Bob's seem hard enough. Find may similarities with Pyanodons - except that Py is way more complex and annoying to scale. Like that BoB's so far is scaling fine with better buildings and not completely new processes every tier.
Thanks for quick fix and great mod!
M

3 years ago

Yeah, when it comes to game breaking bugs, I try to update as soon as possible. Within a day, A few hours if it's viable. It depends how soon issues are brought to my attention, and if I'm busy with something else at the time.

Electronics is a good example of what I was aiming for here actually. Each tier expands upon the previous one. By the time you're trying to get tougher to craft metals like Aluminium and Titanium, you should already be crafting some of the materials you need already.

There are a few examples where you need to create a whole new chain, but not many.

New response