Bob's Electronics

Adds a whole new electronics production chain.

3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b [Fixed]Error loading mod

3 years ago

Im currently working on a mod pack to play with friends and bob's electronics is making not possible. Im running the mods on factorio versions 1.8. I tried running both verisons of this mod for that specific factorio version. Here is a picture: https://gyazo.com/940e932642fa7244540cf1077dc511e6. I have used this mod in mod packs before with no issue. Im assuming there is a conflict with another mod, if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Here is the mod pack that i have come up with: https://gyazo.com/2edc6f6740bde450305db66fe2bb6857

3 years ago

There is no version 1.8 of the game. However, screenshot says 1.0.0, so I can work with that.
I however, am not developing for 1.0 anymore, as I've moved on to 1.1

I do see the issue though.
if data.raw["recipe-category"]["chemical-furnace"] then
data.raw.recipe["carbon"].category = "chemical-furnace"
end

If checks for the category because bobplates adds it, then just assumes that if the category exists, Bobplates is installed.

This was fine originally, because back when I wrote this, bobplates was the only mod to add that crafting category, however, it's been years, and other people have written other mods, many heavilly influenced by mine. It's not surprising other people would be using the same crafting categories that I defined all that time ago.

3 years ago

I'm going to upload a fix for this anyway.

3 years ago

sorry for the mix up. But the correct version I have been trying is bob's electronics 0.18.1 not the 1.0.1. In the picture it shows the 1.0.1 because i was trying different versions and testing. The patched you release today did fix the problem for the 1.0.1 but it is not the correct version. Would you be able to do the same for the 0.18.1? Thank you very much for your patience and dedication.

3 years ago

0.18 is the unstable version of 1.0. if you're really using 0.18 of the game, you can just extract 1.0.1 mod into a folder, and edit the "factorio version" line of info.json to 0.18 instead of 1.0, and it should work.

New response