Blueprint Flip and Turn

by NovaM

Mirrors/Flips a blueprint in hand. WARNING: if you are using factorio 1.0 or factorio >= 0.18.37 then you must use the workaround below: - Grab the blueprint from the new blueprint interface - Drop it in the inventory to make a copy. (there is a row of buttons across the top one of has the letter C on it that is the copy button fot the print that is highlighted) - Grab that copy - The flip buttons work on this copy. This issue is not fixable for now, due to Factorio API limitation.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Blueprints

b [OPEN] Blueprints dont flip

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey.. the Blueprints dont flip anymore. And it doesnt show a "tooltip" if u hover the mouse over it
Using 0.18.37 & blueprint_flip_and_turn_18.5.0 on a Headless VPS Debian 10 without any console output (or im looking the wrong one)
Othermods
BlueprintExtensions_0.5.0
Bottleneck_0.11.4
cheaper_landfill_1.8.1
CopyPasteModules_0.0.3
factoryplanner_0.18.46
LandfillEverything_0.18.1
MaxRateCalculator_3.4.41
MushroomCloud_1.0.14
RPGsystem_0.18.49
Squeak Through_1.8.0
WhereIsMyBody_0.1.3
YARM_0.8.101

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,

I'm not playing Factorio for a while, but I'm still trying to maintain this mod.
Can you make a simple test for me ?
Can you run a refresh game with only my blueprint_flip_and_turn (18.5.0 or 18.5.4) ?
And let me know if blueprint_flip_and_turn runs correctly.

I need to know :
- if there is something changed in factorio 0.18.37 or
- if there is a conflict with one of your listed mods

Thanks in advance!
Regards,

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello
Ive done like what u said. with 18.5.4
No. I cant Flip or mirror a Blueprint.
I go like.. Click ob Blueprint book
left klick a blueprint so u got it in your hand.
Close Blueprint book.
Now u see the Blueprint.. and there is where i cant flip or mirror.
Only i make a copy of the Blueprint, or i copy something i have on the map

3 years ago

Workaround for me is to grab the blueprint from the new blueprint interface and drop it in the inventory to make a copy. Grab that copy and the flip buttons work again.

3 years ago

adiz75, how exactly do you "make a copy"? I only see it move from the library to inventory, after I "copy" it it's not in the library anymore.

3 years ago

I'm not using the new "C" copy button, I just drop the blueprint I hold in my hand into my inventory. So if I open my blueprints with "B", pick up a blueprint from the right, either Game- or My blueprints then the flip buttons doesn't work. If I drop the blueprint to the left, inventory/character, then pick it up again from there, the flip work.

3 years ago

Hank there is a row of buttons across the top one of has the letter C on it that is the copy button fot the print that is highlighted.

3 years ago

I'm still digging in the documentation to find the way to access the blueprint that is currently manipulated by the player's...
until I found the proper way, the mod only access to the player's cursor stack... and you should use the workaround described below by adiz75.

3 years ago

Blueprints dont work for me to flip and mirror. Any fix for this?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@mkdr, even when you use the workaround described above ?

3 years ago

I can confirm this problem in F 1.0.0 BFT 18.7.0 that flip/turn ONLY works when the BP is picked up from player inventory (regardless of how it got there). However once you have picked up the BP from player inventory the usual buttons in the top left corner of the screen operate BACKWARDS -- aka the vertical flip button flips the bp side to side, and the side flip button flips the bp vertically.

3 years ago

Same problem.
Works from inventory.
Doesn't work from book mode.

3 years ago

Even the workaround of clicking into the book and selecting one and then use the flip and mirror shortcuts dont work anymore for me and I dont know why that worked a few days ago still.

3 years ago

Still working for me if I remove the blueprint from the book, flip it, and then I can put it back into the book when I'm done.. It's a bit of a pain but usable until ou manage to sort out a workaround to the change.
Such a useful mod though, thanks for your efforts !

3 years ago

Put it on the inventory works! But it is sure a bug. Try to mantain this mod please! Thank you so much!!!!

3 years ago

@mogiaro I know the issue, but I don't have solution for now.

3 years ago

i was having this prob too and tried the inventory it worked but should mention that curved rails and rail stops should be removed from the bp before use and added manually i have 200+ active mods so i had to check

remove curved rails and train stops before flipping

New response