Biter Reincarnation

When an enemy unit or worm dies it tries to reincarnate back in to nature, be it a tree, rock, cliff or water. Occasionally the angry biters can burst into a flaming tree.

Content
6 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

i Trees Auto Marked for Destruction

1 year, 13 days ago

It would be nice if the natives, upon dying and turning into a tree would automatically get marked for destruction if it is blocking the path of a ghost item from being placed.

1 year, 13 days ago

In concept this sounds fine, it would be a pain to do however. It would also not be UPS performant.

The way I think I'd have to do it:
As soon as I place the tree Factorio will destroy the ghost. So I'd need to scan for ghosts colliding with the tree's future collision area and take a copy of every detail of said ghosts. Then place the tree and mark it for decon. Then rescan the area for lost ghosts and add them back in with every detail.

1 year, 12 days ago

At the moment placing the trees doesn't remove the ghosts. My bots attempt to place the ghost items but simply stand there waiting for it to be available.

Would it be possible to look at all tree variations in the game and find the one with the biggest hit box then whenever you place a tree, look for ghosts around that radius and if one is within it, mark the tree for destruction?

1 year, 12 days ago

Oh, I guess tree entity generation is different to other entity generation.

I'm not actively modding at present; so will leave this idea here should I return.

New response