Biter Reincarnation

When an enemy unit or worm dies it tries to reincarnate back in to nature, be it a tree, rock, cliff or water. Occasionally the angry biters can burst into a flaming tree.

Content
6 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

g Biter Reincarnation + I speak for the trees!

4 years ago

Doesn't it just sound like the perfect mod combo?

With high enough settings on both (don't know if ISFTT has settings though) you pretty much get immortal trees that can walk and attack for a while if you disturb them.

4 years ago

Sounds like an infinite loop, lol

4 years ago

Well yes, but actually, no. :D
They only switch when you kill them. So if you don't kill them they don't switch. The biters have to be killed eventually of course or they will kill you and your factory. But once they are trees you can leave them where they are if they are not in your way. This is what I mean with immortal walking trees. You might get more and more trees around your base until you are either trapped or your pollution is trapped by all the trees so you don't get more attacks. Or you move your base once you begin to get surrounded and leave all the trees behind.

4 years ago

I wondered as JD-Plays is doing a community map where the entire map is covered in trees. So forest fires are a little dangerous as the trees kill the biters, potentially starting new fires and resetting the fire spread count at that point.

4 years ago

Could be interesting to have both set so that they don't have 100% chance of causing a new tree/biter (maybe 50%). As for the "infinite forest fires", that would be interesting in a community server as it gives a new role to some players (firefighters) who's main job is clearing out forest fires by killing all the trees.

Do we have a mod that allow turrets to target trees?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Do we have a mod that allow turrets to target trees?

Kind of, yes. My mod Artillery Combinator can with artillery and other mods for finding trees. From AC description:

This mod is perfect for automating defence in a more expensive but flashy way. You can either have a curtain of constant explosions around your base if you want to burn resources or use a mod to scan tiles for enemies like AAI Programmable Structures. The true enemy is the trees though and this mod is perfect for deforestation also ('programmable structures' sends the wood signal for tiles with trees). Trees can be "chopped" down quickly with massive fires from Napalm Artillery, and Clean Tree Burning will make sure that no tree will escape!

I linked the blueprint also.

New response