big big mod

by plexpt

biggest mod pack ever. I don't think you can download it

Mod packs
2 years ago

g description

2 years ago

Could you add a description that explains what this mod does? Because if this mod is really that big, then it would be advantageous to know in advance what this mod adds.

2 years ago

This is just simply a modpack mod. The actual download of this mod is literally just thumbnail and info.json, with a list of all the mods it needs to download in order to install this mod, which doesn't actually do anything itself.

2 years ago

oh... ok... that means that your description is wrong or misleading. Would be great if you could change that then...

2 years ago

Go into the downloads tab and look at the dependencies. The mod is a meme mod.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I already know that I can see which MODS are available as dependencies in the Downloads tab. However, he has in his mod description stand that this is the largest mod, which is obviously not true. It may be the largest MODPACK but not the largest MOD. This is the point I was making before.

This is just simply a modpack mod. The actual download of this mod is literally just thumbnail and info.json, with a list of all the mods it needs to download in order to install this mod, which doesn't actually do anything itself.

And sorry to you. I thought you were the mod author... I should probably look better there^^

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Looking closer, this mod pack specifically ties together as many mods as possible irregardless of mod conflict. As such, this mod is IMPOSSIBLE to install into factorio, because there are mod combinations that are impossible to have together, for example, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exploration and https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelspetrochem (The former lists the latter as incompatible.)

The fact that the mod portal allowed this mod to be uploaded in the first place means the mod portal does NOT evaluate if the dependencies will install together without conflict.

2 years ago

who are you answering? Because I can't find anyone who asked anything like that....

2 years ago

They're not answering any one. They're making an observation that reflects on the purpose of this mod listing and the limitations of the mod submission system.
It seems this modpack mod is listed for the purpose of gaining attention rather than providing access to some Factorio related resource.
Maybe the author was testing the limits of the mod system, or maybe they wanted to see a picture of a cute anime girl scroll down the mod listing screen.

2 years ago

Go into the downloads tab and look at the dependencies. The mod is a meme mod.

2 years ago

oh, It's really that some one want to play it?

New response