Belt Buffer 0.17

by badway

A buffer for your belts. The original version of the mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/belt_buffer is an update for factorio 0.17-0.18. Language Ru, De, En

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Logistics

b [fixed]Game Crash When Buffer is Destroyed.

4 years ago

As the title says; when a belt buffer is destroyed and it tries to place a ghost the game crashes.

4 years ago

And what mods do you have installed ?, because I don’t have this error, I can’t call it to fix it.
And send the text of the error itself, what is written there, so it will be easier to understand.

4 years ago

Hey, just browsing through, so I wanted to put my experience in here too.
The bug is that when a bitter destroys the belt buffer, the game crashes.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I can only help you if you send me an error screen or text so that I can see what exactly led to the error, understand?
I can not cause an error to fix it.

Here is the bitter that unloads:

But it’s destroyed and there is no game crashes:

So I ask:
1) A window pops up with an error? If so, what is written there, you can take a screen or rewrite the text, this will help me fix the error.
2) What mods do you have installed? In this case, I will try to install the same mods and see what causes the error, there may be incompatibilities.

You can also send your save, it will be even easier, I’ll load it, synchronize the mods and try to fix it.

And so I just have nothing to work with.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Have the same problem with destroyed buffer.
It happens only on existing saves. I cant crash game on new save with all downloaded mods.
Here is the problem save with a few "incompatibile" mods.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qaFNsAqgMlLwK-31sWkC6jN4yPOsRIz/view?usp=sharing
Error text:
Error while running event belt_buffer_up::on_entity_died (ID 4)
Entity creation of entity-ghost failed
stack traceback:
⍰belt_buffer_up/control.lua:273: in function
<belt_buffer_up/control.lua:253>
stack traceback:
⍰[C]: in function 'create_entity'
⍰belt_buffer_up/control.lua:273: in function
<belt_buffer_up/control.lua:253>

4 years ago

Thank you, I will try to fix the problem, then I will unsubscribe

4 years ago

However, the problem was not completely resolved. In saving the game where an error occurred, not a single ghostly object was created, and Belt Buffer forcedly tried to create it. This is the reason the game crashes.

I cut out the function of creating "entity-ghost" - this will allow playing on similar game saves.

On those cards where this problem did not occur, you can return the creation of "entity-ghost", for this you need to go to the settings and check the box.

Of course the solution is bad, but that's all I have come up with so far. Over time, I can come up with something better.

Version: 0.18.2
Date: 27. 01. 2020.
Bags:
- The game crashes on some maps when destroying an object and creating an "entity-ghost" in its place, which is why this function was disabled. If everything was in order in your game, then you can turn this option back on in the settings.

4 years ago

Version: 0.18.3
Date: 27. 01. 2020.
Bags:
- A more reasonable solution to fix the crash issue when placing "entity-ghost".

Now it should work on any save, "entity-ghost" will appear after learning technology robotics

Have a nice game)

New response