Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Combinator for controlling available science packs

5 years ago

I'm currently playing with the "Expanded Rocket Payloads" mod, which adds very pricy but rewarding "science packs".
Now you need only those for some technologies (and only like 1 or 2 packs of them) but it can take several minutes until one of those is crafted.
Problem is that i now have to manually switch between normal research and those special research every few minutes (using alarms and similar when one of those packs is ready to be researched) to ensure they get priority.
It would be so much easier if there was a combinator to set which science packs are available and can be researched (also early game when you only have red and green you could input that and set the auto-research based on that/ switch research to cheaper ones when high-tech packs run low again, etc). So make the filter in the auto-research menu controllable by a combinator.
TL;DR:
Idea is adding a combinator where you can input the currently available types of research packs to make a contraption adjusting research to current pack availability.

5 years ago

In one of the earlier versions of AR I actually looked into something like this ("program" research from within the game). In that version you could signal a special purple "lab" with e.g. the construction bot signal, and it would research towards a technology that unlocked construction bots.
What you're asking for is however simpler than this and it's likely possible to implement, but unfortunately it's unlikely that I'll do it myself as I'm not spending much time on Factorio :\

5 years ago

Mhh thats sad as automating the switching through science is the only thing this mod could really need (for an idle playstyle). Well maybe a nice idea in case an update becomes necessary someday.
Thanks for the quick response however :)

New response