Auto Color Lamps

Adds color information to circuit network signals for items and fluids

Utilities
1 year, 4 months ago
Circuit network

b Error loading the mods

2 years ago

Hi

I play with some mods like "Industrial Revolution 2". But when starting Factorio I got the following error message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/120B3lxTRQXTvEBWTcchMYluIyqVB18d9/view?usp=sharing

2 years ago

Thanks for the report. This has been fixed for version 0.0.2 :)

2 years ago

2 years ago

Unfortunately, I have to report a problem again. :/
However, I do not know exactly whether it is your mod or the other mod ...

Would be great if the mod worked again ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJXsVHhMBRi7BgPVQq_OnhBuA1iaUiLq/view?usp=sharing

2 years ago

Thank you for the report, this was an oversight on my part oops... For the moment there are two immediate solutions:
1. Use version 2021.20.5 of the "Data Final Final, I Swear" mod instead of the new version released a few days ago, or
2. Edit the info.json file in the auto color lamps mod to replace line 8 with: "dependencies": ["base >= 1.1.0"],

In the meantime, I'll work on getting an actual fix released as soon as I can :)

2 years ago

No problem. Shit happens. ;)
Of course, it's annoying when the mod stops working.
But hey, all I have to do is adjust the color signals again. Nothing breaks either. :)

I'll take the first solution.
The info.json file of your mod already says "base> = 1.1.0".
Or have I misunderstood something?

Unless you're faster. :)

2 years ago

I've released a new version to resolve that circular dependency issue, everything should work as before :) Sorry about that mixup!

2 years ago

Many Thanks!

Did I then misunderstand? The 'Data_final_final_i_swear "Mod is no longer needed?
Then I would only have had to remove the dependency in info.json.
But it doesn't matter. You fixed the problem. Great!
Then can I delete the mod "Data_final_final_i_swear"?

You added Dectorio as "optional". I do not understand that entirely. Dectorio basically does the same thing as your mod.
(Only that this mod has even more functions.)
I was only interested in the color function controlled by the items. That's why I didn't install Dectorio.

2 years ago

Yes that's correct, the data_final_final mod is no longer needed at all, you can disable or remove it if you want.

By marking Dectorio as an optional dependency, I'm basically telling Factorio to make sure Dectorio is loaded before auto color lamps, if they're both installed. I need to do that because Dectorio will wipe out all my colors if it is loaded before my mod. It's not required at all so if you don't want to use it you don't have to, I'm just trying to make sure that if you do want to use both mods, mine will still work :)

2 years ago

Thats a good plan!
For those who have both mods installed.
Dectorio is an interesting mod, but ... I have no idea why I don't want to use it. Well ...
I just don't need them.
Therefore, your color mod is absolutely ideal for me. It only has the essential functions that I wanted.

When your mod didn't work, I initially continued to play without your mod. Of course, the lamp colors no longer worked.
But I haven't changed the settings.
And when you had fixed your mod, the lamps and "Nixie-Tubes" shone again in the set colors.
I didn't have to fix anything. :)

New response