Artillery Bombardment Remote

Directs your artillery to bombard a selected area without having to target individual shots

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Overkill (spread the shots)

5 years ago

Could you modify the shots to be further apart (or add config) since it seems like it'll overkill the bases.

Thanks

5 years ago

Adding config options for spacing seems like the right approach, I'll look into doing that. Also - added a second tier of the technology that's very expensive but will directly target biter structures (which should be a boost to efficiency) - let me know what you think.

5 years ago

Great mod!
+1 for spreading the shots
This setting works quite well for me:

for x = event.area.left_top.x, event.area.right_bottom.x, 12 do
  for y = (event.area.left_top.y + (2 * (col_count % 2))), event.area.right_bottom.y, 8 do

Also the smart remote research seem a bit too expensive...

5 years ago

Added options for shot pattern on the bombardment remote, and for an overkill radius on the smart remote - both should be tunable to your heart's content now (and allow for non-wasteful use of nuclear shells, etc).

On the cost, I definitely wanted it to be "high"/on the megabase end of scale, so that it wouldn't immediately replace the normal remote.. but I'm not very attached to the current tuning. Maybe something more like 16,000?

5 years ago

The high-tech remote seems almost too powerful imho, due to it's "perfect" behavior, i.e. it automates something that is really annoying to do manually, but has no drawbacks doing it.
Would've been nice if it could be balanced by i.e requiring high-precision ammo/wagons, but i guess the API isn't really flexible enough for that. Given that it's a one time tech cost for an extremely powerful tool i don't think 25 is too high. It seems a good number to give a "this is fucking expensive!" feeling. Unless you want to make the remote consumable to make it less spammable (but that just leads to players weighting ammo cost vs remote cost, which probably just leads to selecting larger areas at once :|).

5 years ago

The new shot pattern options are awesome!

In my opinion the research costs should be something between 2500 and 5000. More seems to be unbalanced, for example if you compare it with the Nuclear tech (1000) or Orbital Ion Cannons mod techs (4000). And with space sience packs it should take a while until you can replace the regular remote.

If you want to increase costs I would look for a way doing this on the shots like eradicator suggests.
However I don't know if it's even necessary - for me cleaning up biter bases in the end-game phase has just become an annoying, repetitive task, I'm glad the smart remote works like it does.
Maybe the shot targets can only be placed where you have line of sight, that would make it a little less spammable.

5 years ago

I don't understand what's op about it. It just lets you click less. Artillery already auto-targets perfectly with no clicking (at a reduced range though). This does nothing you can't do yourself with just some more clicking. It could be free. Making it more expensive or requiring special artillery wagons etc sounds like a pure annoyance.

1 year, 2 months ago

@op i cannot figure out where the config options you talked about are located. help me pls.

New response