Artifact

by badway

An Alien artifact left by another race, it radiates energy, connect a power pole to gain some power. Trying to move it might result in you breaking it. breaking it gets you fragments, that might lead to, you recreating your own.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Power

g Doesn't spawn on existing worlds?

4 years ago

I like the idea of having additional power sources on the map, but after regenerating the surface they don't seem to be appearing. They do appear on new maps, but I'm not seeing them on several of my existing games even when venturing quite far into new chunks.

Also a minor suggestion, but I feel they shouldn't be minable. It's easy to gather several and safely store them in your factory for a rather significant power boost. Having to explore the map and creating outposts around the artifacts is more interesting and provides a bit of a risk/reward in more biter infested areas. They're too overpowered when you collect several of them and move them to the heart of your factory early on, as there's no risk of them or your power poles being destroyed. It's free real estate.

Just my two cents.

4 years ago

They should appear on old maps. It all depends on the chance, the formula counts from 1 to 75 randomly, and if 50 falls out and if the other conditions are favorable, then an artifact appears.

Initially, I had the idea of making them shouldn't be minable. They are not destructible. I wanted them to appear next to the ore, but I couldn’t realize it, so I allowed the player to dig them out and move them to the base. They can’t be created by yourself, at the early stage of the game they are very useful, while in the series or at the end, they are of little use.

With the old saves, I’ll think about how to do it in order to find an artifact on the map, because the main territory has already been explored, and also prohibit the extraction of artifacts to the player

4 years ago

Version: 0.0.2
Date: 12. 11. 2019.
Changes:
- Changed artifact generation on the map. Friendly to the old game save. The new game has the ability to adjust the frequency of occurrence.
- In the settings, you can now enable or disable minable artifact. Off by default.
- Added glow when working at night
I don’t know how he will throw artifacts on the old map. I can’t check, lately I don’t play. You may have to go into the settings and enable the option to collect artifacts from unnecessary places, and then you can turn off the extraction option.

4 years ago

Thank you very much. The mod now functions on existing maps and on multiple surfaces, just what we needed.

I would suggest that if artifacts can't be mined that they be made destructible, that way people can choose to either work around it for the continued benefit or destroy them if they're in the way. It's easier than toggling the setting on/off during our group sessions.

4 years ago

In the next version

4 years ago

Version: 0.0.3
Date: 14. 11. 2019.
Changes:
- Artifact can be destroyed.
Bags:
- The artifact displayed on the drawings, this should not have been.

New response