Arachnophobia

by Kirazy

Provides configuration options to make the Spidertron playable for arachnophobic players. By default, hides the legs of the Spidertron, displaying laser-pointers at the feet. Includes new options to customize the color of the eyes, the number of the eyes and lights, and to change the number of legs, allowing players to remove up to six legs as an alternative to making them invisible.

Tweaks
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i [Implemented] "laser" legs

3 years ago

Instead of straight out removing the legs, perhaps replacing them with a faint beam/line of sorts would be better. As you'd still know where the "feet" are, without getting full legs

3 years ago

I think I will add some options on the level of removal. Based on my understanding of the spritesheets, laser legs may be possible, but I know for a few people who were talking about it, the motion itself is what's triggering. I'll experiment.

3 years ago

Ok, looking at the sheet, laser legs are definitely possible. I'm thinking a spot where the feet are and a very faint trail that fades out quickly, so that the whole set of legs are not visible, but you can tell where the feet are.

3 years ago

Something like this? https://i.gyazo.com/760b6371f96130b9e03157ad73131511.mp4

Making the laser have little beams emitting from the torso that point AT the feet may require changing how the vehicle moves, so not planning to mess with that.

3 years ago

Oh that gif looks amazing! It definitely retains some of the feel of Spidertron's movement while getting rid of the 'creepiness' of it. You're doing great work!

3 years ago

I've pushed an update with this change.

3 years ago

Thanks Kirazy! I hope now everyone can enjoy this amazing late game fish tank! I definitely love it!

New response