Angel's Extended Smelting and Compression

Extension to Angel's Smelting providing all metal mixing recipies to metallurgy (Brass, Bronze, etc) and compression on metal casting (eg. Iron Sheet) as well as casting gear wheels and pipes

Content
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i extra recipes

3 years ago

Could you add some recipes for those intermediates that require only one material?, like iron stick, and all five bearings

3 years ago

i was considering bearings, but then realised how hard it would be to balance with the high number output and productivity modules. Iron sticks i guess i could add though.

3 years ago

About the sticks, thanks, but, whats the problem with bearings?, I mean, its true that productivity modules break balance, but that happens with pretty much everything, so, why are these different?

3 years ago

all of my smelting recipes are balanced with end-game in mind, the differential of allowable modules in the casting machine vs an assembler is hard to account for to the point where if i balance for the end game, then the smelting option will be OP in the early game, or if i balance for early/mid, then they are useless in late game bases. If it has no use or is overpowered, what is the use case?

3 years ago

I see. In that case, and if you actually add those recipes, Id say go for the endgame, the most powerful modules cannot be unlocked until mid-late game anyway (Im talking about bob modules), it may be a bit op in the mid game, but itll be balanced eventually

3 years ago

And what about to add reciepes to mixer for bronze and other alloys? Or probably to add ability to make ingots from molten metal ?

3 years ago

About making ingots from molten metal, there's alredy a mod that does this, but I think its not compatible with this one, because it would lead to unlimited resources. Also, bob's modules would lead to unlimited ingots too

3 years ago

But how ? If ther will be a recipe to just make liquid metal to ingot with losses how can you acquire infinite resources?

3 years ago

well, not resources as in ores, more like infinite ingots/molten metals

3 years ago

For example we have 100 iron ore to produce 50 ingots which are used to produce for example 50 molten metal. This is direct production line. Then we use molten metal to produce ingots ( backward production) example recipe with losses will be 50 molten metal to 45 ingots.
Such reproduction can help to reuse already created molten metal for alloy production for example. In case of reuse ingots in more complex recipes of the same molten metal we we still need additional ingots plus loss compensation of basic ingot.

3 years ago

You are doing a good job of convincing yourselves that it would be a bad idea to add this :D

3 years ago

lol, you're right, you didnt say anything, I just assumed it would be, but it could be a fun thing though