Alternative Beacons

Overhauls beacons to use exclusion areas in addition to distribution areas. Integrates beacons from multiple mods into a single system. Adds (optional) new beacons while preserving the functionality and usefulness of vanilla beacons.

Content
2 days ago
Manufacturing

b [fixed] error

4 months ago

Error while running setup for entity prototype "productivity-beacon-1-spaced" (beacon): Module inventory size is > 0 but no effects are allowed. This makes no sense.

The mod list contains your mod
Advanced_Sky_Modules
Krastorio2
space-exploration(control.lua --Beacon = require('scripts/beacon'))

In your mod, I try to modify the data.lua code to skip this error
-- fix potential incompatibility between Space Exploration and other beacon mods such as 5Dim's
if mods["space-exploration"] then
for i, beacon in pairs(data.raw.beacon) do
beacon.se_allow_in_space = true
end
data.raw.beacon["productivity-beacon-1"].se_allow_in_space = false
data.raw.beacon["productivity-beacon-2"].se_allow_in_space = false
data.raw.beacon["productivity-beacon-3"].se_allow_in_space = false
end

It's just a temporary measure. I hope you find out why.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

It seems Space Exploration only checks non-productivity effects when validating space entities so at least one of those is required. Can't have a beacon which only allows productivity effects. While it seems fine to simply restrict any productivity-capable beacon from being usable in space, I've opted to just add an extra possible effect for them instead.

The most recent update also includes some initial balance changes for these beacons (and the others from Advanced Sky Modules) since I hadn't gotten to them yet. I ended up adjusting the modules as well. As always, the original stats can still be used via the settings.

New response