Air Filtering Advanced

Add machines that use craftable and refurbishable filters (and electricity) to clear pollution

4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

b No effect on pollution

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The machines are running and there is no effect on the pollution.

I investigate a bit, it seems that changing the property "emissions" by "emissions_per_minute" in the file entity.lua makes the machines working again (adjusting the value accordingly).

For example for a "air-filter-machine-mk1",

energy_source =
{
  type = "electric",
  usage_priority = "secondary-input",
  emissions_per_minute = -15.0
},

Your mod could be a great mod, thank you

PS: i try a game with these values

"air-filter-machine-mk1":
emissions_per_minute = -15.0
"air-filter-machine-mk2":
emissions_per_minute = -45
"air-filter-machine-mk3":
emissions_per_minute = -225
"air-filter-machine-mk4":
emissions_per_minute = -1125
"air-filter-machine-mk5":
emissions_per_minute = -5625
"air-filter-machine-mk6":
emissions_per_minute = -10000

These values may be too high. It needs balancing

4 years ago

worked on my test play but i read that "emissions" will be getting removed "at some point in time". the values are ok becase they are compensated with high power requirements

4 years ago

Pollution doesn't seem to be reduced in my game either.

4 years ago

i should have a new update by the end of the week. in my game the old way worked but when i started a new game it didnt work. been busy with other stuff to check it all before i release it but its in progress

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any progress on update?

Edit:
For now I edited updated the mod myself and set basic emission to -16.67 pollution per minute for Air filter machine MK1. MK2 - MK6 I've set to multipliers of MK1 according to their crafting speed multiplier (but with proper rounding):

MK1 : -16.67
MK2 : -33.34
MK3 : -83.34
MK4 : -125.0
MK5 : -166.67
MK6 : -250.0

I based this value on the 12 times the amount of pollution generated by an electric furnace in relation to furnaces energy consumption (12x 1 pollution /m, 180kW) and increased this to match 250kW usage ofAir filter machine MK1. I then rounded it down (by about 0.02) to 16.67.

That means that a basic Boiler that generates 30 pollution / m and can generate up to 1 800 kW of power, you spend ~445 kw of it on clearing pollution, making Boilers ~75% as effective but 100% eco friendly (this however does not include any pollution and energy spend on creating air filters themselves).

I also changed unused air filter to last 60 seconds in MK1 machine (so a belt of plates in "naked" electric furnaces uses 2 filters per minute with some filtering capacity to spare).

New response