Air Filtering Advanced

Add machines that use craftable and refurbishable filters (and electricity) to clear pollution

4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

b BioIndustries update causes crash on load (changes in technology name most likely)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Bio Industries update 2.5.3->2.5.4 changed technology names or something of the sort.
after update: "Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, technology with name 'bi_tech_coal_processing_1' does not exist.
Source: air-filtering (technology).
Mods to be disabled
Air-filtering-patched
More Bobs (changes to BI also impact the mod, 'more bobs' more often than not)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/morebobs/discussion/5afe2d2a1550e3000ac81379

5 years ago

"bi_tech_coal_processing_1" changed to: "bi-tech-coal-processing-1"
changed underscores to hyphens.

5 years ago

other technologies may have been impacted/renamed as well. this is simply the first one that comes up (ie: first to trigger the error)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

specific issue only seems to appear in my testing when Bio Industries, Bob's mods, Air Filtering advanced, and More Bobs are all enabled together. Specifically, More Bob's.
Turning off all the config settings within air-filtering-advanced and disabling more bobs made it so i could load AFA with the new Bio Industries, so it's an interaction between BI, Bob's, MOre Bobs, and AFA.

5 years ago

also: doing the reverse seems to work. Disabling Air-filtering advanced but keeping More Bob's allows it to load along side bob's suite of mods + Bio Industries.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

line 156 of data-final-fixes.lua within moreBobs.zip:
data.raw["technology"]["air-filtering"].prerequisites = {"plastics", "bi_tech_coal_processing_1"}

and line 160 should have it's technology reference edited as well:

replace all underscores with hyphens.

5 years ago

sorry for this. the error i was getting was pointing at both air filtering advanced and more bobs, so i was looking into both

5 years ago

I had to change all 3 coal recipes:

"bi_tech_coal_processing_1" to "bi-tech-coal-processing-1"
"bi_tech_coal_processing_2" to "bi-tech-coal-processing-2"
"bi_tech_coal_processing_3" to "bi-tech-coal-processing-3

Not sure if this affects your mod. I needed the "-1", "-2", etc at the end of the name.
Thanks.

5 years ago

This is a matter of my mod. I've fixed the issue with my new version. I'm sorry to bother you.

5 years ago

this apparently is not cause by my mod but it confused me as well, the error appears probably because of my mods integration with bob's.

New response