Adamo Catalogue

by ElAdamo

Bringing order to chaos.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0

i [Fixed] Exclude Deadlock's loaders

4 years ago

Can you exclude deadlock loaders from the order string modification thing? It uses the order string as a recognizer to idenify the loaders made by the mod, so that it can apply the auto snap function to them. Messing with that string breaks it.

4 years ago

I'm altering the order string so that the loaders are put into a specific place in the crafting menu. Removing them negates that effect, so I don't plan to do that. I don't understand why they would use the order value to recognize the loaders. They have unique names.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The mod doesn't want to do the snapping script on loaders that don't belong to it, so it marks the loaders that are made by it by including '-deadlock-loader' in the order string after two order characters.

Another effect is that you're not sorting the beltboxes, which seperates them from the loaders. As they're intended to be used together, this is a bit confusing.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'll check it out and see if maybe I can have my cake and eat it too by looking at how the snappy algorithm locates the loaders. Is the snapping thing in deadlock's loaders mod, or from that other loader mod?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

deadlock beltboxes loaders.
it's doing a string.find(order, '-deadlock-loader', 3, true) I believe.
Later I'll take a look at how does this mod interact with SE's space tab, but before that, I also noticed that it's only moving energy shield 1 and 2 to the combat tab, while energy shield 3 and 4 (and all adaptive armor tiers) get moved to the equipment tab.. Filtering that by the equipment type might work better.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I might consider making it algorithmic at some point, but as it stands each entry is moved by me, by hand, using a big table I maintain. So you'll only see items moved that we actually use on my server network. Making it algorithmic is a bit more complicated, but it's not a bad idea. Some types of recipes will work better than others. The categories aren't very uniform.

4 years ago

for what's it worth, it's a decent idea. I really like how it moves barrels down, they really clutter the space with SE and your nuclear mod together.

Looking again at the deadlock code, here's how it's idenifying it's loaders
if string.match(game.item_prototypes[key].order, "deadlock%-loader") then
as long as the order string contains the deadlock%-loader, it should work on it.

4 years ago

I have a better idea - just attach the original order string to the end of the modified order string.

3 years ago

Fixing for next release.

3 years ago

If you want loader snapping you can also use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/loaders-utils which include snapping in a clever way

New response