ab logistics center

by ABacker

Consume power to teleport items. A replace of robots logistics, configurable and UPS friendly.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistics

g Remove signals from centers

4 years ago

I've inserted for mistake an item in a collector chest and 've not removed it fast enough. It has, then, teleported in the center.
I've recalled it using a requester chest, but the item signal remain in the center.
I can "delete" it from the center screen when I open it, but after I close and reopen it the signal is still present in the list.
How can I remove it from the center in a permanent way?
Thanks.

4 years ago

Use the logistics center controller. Request all items from the logistics center and set the signal value in controller to -1.

4 years ago

And it will be removed? Ok, I go try it.
Thanks.

4 years ago

It work perfectly. Thanks.

But... I have another question that can convert this topic in a sort of "NTFAQ" (Not Too Frequently Asked Questions):

There's a way to prevent interaction between standard logistic network and the center logistic network?
I try to extract items from center and transfer with inserters in standard logistic network, but items are always transported by bots in logistic center request chests.
I want to prevent this or it will become a waste of energy by bots...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just a fix. I dont want to prevent center to collect this kind of resources throught the controller, just want to avoid that center interact with logistic network without being forced to build it at the edge of logistic network area...

4 years ago

Sorry to tell you that there is no way to prevent the interaction with standard logistic network now. It's a good idea and can be implemented, but it could take a lot of time. I have very few free time these days so you may need to wait for months, sorry.

Thanks for reporting. ^_^

4 years ago

Don't worry. I was just asking because I've noticed this. When you have 2 millions of pieces you need inside the center, but you can't take them directly, my thought has been why not using this "trick"?
And it has been a backstab, because It has used a lot of coal for recharge bots doing useless transportations before I've noticed it...
Actually my best solution has been build the center requester chest just outside logistic network range, but it has 2 bad points. First you have to spend energy to transport items to the chest, if it's far from center of your base, then you've to "feed" even the bots that have to collect items from the edge to the center...
A bit expensive, if you let me tell it, but Better than placing requester chests you've to collect periodically. by hands..
By the way, have the center from beginning is a great logistic solution.

4 years ago

Just a thought. There's a way to let a "center requester chest" to interact with logistic network only when connected to the logistic network manually?
And maybe the same for collector chests to act as a storage chest when connected?
Just a thougnt on a way to make the interaction only when requested and on specific chests instead of all active anytime...
Maybe a general settings that can allow the choice to make the chest connected or disconnected on placement for let the player choose the best that can suit his way to play?
Maybe it's impossible, but it was just an idea...

4 years ago

It's possiable to do that, but there is one promble that the game doesn't have an api to disable the interaction between logistics chests and robot logistics. And if we use storage chest for requester chest, there will be no request slots, so I need to write request slots UI something like the UpgradePlanner UI for the requester chest, which take times.

So, there is a good way to solve this. Request that api on the game feedback portal, since it's simple to implement it I guess, like the logistics center, it has a disable option.

β˜†:. o(≧▽≦)o .:β˜†

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Then we can only hope they add soon this feature.
Just a mod question, just for going back to the question purpose of topic, how is working the "requester chests" priority?
I've seen in long game that the items go on some before than others, but there is a way to calculate where they go first for plan it as a sort of "only excess items go there and there"?
Pratically, there's a way to know where items go first for avoid underproduction for wrongly sent items?
Example, I want produce burner inserters, then I make an iron plates requester chest for assembly machine that produce gear, but I have too a chest that request iron plate for assemble burner inserter, then how can I choose to send before iron plates to inserters machine than in gear one for have iron plates ready to be picked up when needed?

p.s.: I was talking about collector quest acting as storage if center is full, not requester chests as storage... :P
I know that a requester chest cannot act as a storage chest. At best can act like a buffer chest, but not a storage.

New response