by Tend

Biters act like zombies.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

b Freeze

4 years ago

If used on an existing save, it causes the game to freeze after a certain amount of time or after a biter destroys an object, with a constantly increasing ram consumption. left it to go for a while thinking it will do whatever it needs to do and then resume, but after about 6gb i got bored and fc it as it didn't seem to stop anytime soon.

4 years ago

it's on new game to that it freezes the game if biters destroy something

4 years ago

It doesn't just freeze. I once caught this:

The mod Zomtorio caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Zomtorio::on_entity_died (ID 4)
position not specified.
stack traceback:
Zomtorio/libs/zombies.lua:80: in function 'spawn_based_on_ingredient'
Zomtorio/libs/zombies.lua:56: in function 'on_eat_building'
Zomtorio/control.lua:63: in function <Zomtorio/control.lua:62>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
Zomtorio/libs/zombies.lua:80: in function 'spawn_based_on_ingredient'
Zomtorio/libs/zombies.lua:56: in function 'on_eat_building'
Zomtorio/control.lua:63: in function <Zomtorio/control.lua:62>

4 years ago

Also, generating this amount of bugs (pun intended) on_eat_building is a bit too much
https://i.imgur.com/KaVwr1D.png

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

THAT's why my game is randomly freezing for not particular reason? It was using this mod fine, but now running my save for more than a few minutes causes the graphics to completely lock up. No crash, the game is still running...but is now ignoring input, and I assume stuck with no way to recover. I must be running into this very same error, because I've never seen it happen before using this mod. I assume the mod is spawning too many biters when they eat a building. For me, it happened while they were chewing through one of my smelter setups, which does have a ton of buildings in it.

4 years ago

So any chance for an update? Really liked the changes this mod added to the game, plus i love to see waves of biters being mowed down by my defences instead of just a few :)

4 years ago

So sad, no update, 3 months and no fix... :/

I am trying to delete the line "on eat building" to see if it will not freeze

4 years ago

I think I "fixed" , delete the control.lua content and leave it blank... lol and delete 'spawn_based_on_ingredient from libs/zombie.lua

Now when biters destroy building, dont pop more biters and do not freeze anymore

4 years ago

Hm forgot what I said, it "broke" the game, the biters doesnt attack anymore even under pollution cloud. I just deleted and it is now normal :/ Sad, I loved this mod.

4 years ago

In the Zomtorio zip, change the contrl.lua

add dash dash "--" without the quotes in front of zombies.on_eat_building(event) on line 63. That will disable the spawn when buildings are destroyed that is causing the slow downs. I've play many hours after this change and it hasn't caused a problem.

1 year, 7 months ago

Current version of this mod tries to recursively find iron-ore and copper-ore cost of the entity being destroyed, and use that as a score on how many biters and spitters to spawn. E.g. mods like reverse factory, that creates ... well... reverse recipes... might cause the recursion to never return "home", and end in a loop.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

I also have this problem after zombies ate wooden walls from bio industries, I did the dash thing to "zombies.on_eat_building(event) and it fixed the problem. Maybe instead of spawning based on ingredients used, make it spawn based on building HP? or size? idk if it'd be fixed by this though.
great mod otherwise :)

Edit: to reintroduce zombie spawns I added: "I Speak for the Trees Remade" by -DeadlyKitten and set "apocalypse spawn chance to 100% and # of spawns to 10. I indirectly tested this after not covering a part of my base with a turret and quickly found myself almost completely swarmed by LOADS of biters.

1 year, 30 days ago

Hello grey wolf! When you added the other mod "I speak for the trees remade" . did you leave zomtorio without alterations? Or continue to using the "--" fix?

After these years I got a better pc with more ram (128) and the game still freeze and in system tray , factorio was using almost 60gb ram while freezed...

1 year, 23 days ago

I did what Lastone said 3 years ago, edit the control.lua file and added "--" to line 63 so it looks like this:
script.on_event({defines.events.on_entity_died},
function (event)
--zombies.on_eat_building(event)
end
)
This stops the mod from freezing the game due to the number of biters it spawns, then I installed "I speak for the trees remade" which allows you to set the # of biters you want to spawn and a % chance of spawning if certain entities die. I tested it and found it to be really fun because I forgot to add turrets in a spot filled with low-health small machines and I was suddenly faced with hundreds of biters without the game freezing. :)

1 year, 6 days ago

Above response works. Thanks!

New response