YARM - Resource Monitor

by Narc

This mod helps you to keep track of your mining sites, with useful data such as the percent mined, and estimated time to depletion.

Utilities
7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

g Legacy mode?

10 months ago

Hello,

Have been using YARM for a long long time and from what I see the last few updates "calculations by time left" have completely replaced the old "percentage based" warnings system. I have been looking through the options of the mod but I dont see a way to use the percentage system anymore, was it completely removed?
To be honest I would like to be able to choose the old system, I found it much clearer to use when you have consumption of ore that varies a lot. Same thing for the "global ore" thing, is there a way to disable it completely (I am stricly interested in per-site ore tracking )?

Thanks in advance for the info and great job on the mod really

Mithaldu β˜†
10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

The timing system handles ore usage changing just fine, and if there are situations it doesn't, savegames and bug reports welcome. I'm open to the possibility of being wrong, but absent proof i ask that you trust me. And if you do not trust me, there is a perfectly viable way to motivate me to spend time: Provide factual evidence.

Eliding the summaries is possible if you use the filter mode and set appropriate hour limits for each type.

If that is not enough, and you are unwilling to consider you might just be overlooking something in using it effectively: Patches welcome.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Hi,
I was in no way saying there was something wrong with the mod or that I was not trusting you with the calculations or anything
I was just asking if there was a way to go back to the previous mode that was simply using the "percentage of Ore left before depletion" to show warnings and not using the "Time left before depletion" because I do not see a way to do that anymore in the settings
But no worries mate if thats not possible or something you would like to implement, cheers

Mithaldu β˜†
9 months ago

Note that i take no offense to being told if my stuff has a mistake. I value learning about and fixing those.

But yeah, so far i haven't been given a good reason to keep the percentage stuff because the time estimates work in all situations i've seen, and it would make the code more complicated to have both, so it isn't in at all. :)

8 months ago

I have to say I don't like recent changes as well. I wish there was an option switch to go back to an old behaviour, just simply calculations.

Mithaldu β˜†
8 months ago

I have to say i don't like when people see me posting "i haven't been given a good reason" and proceed to post at me without even trying to give a reason.

If that is your face in that icon you should understand the meaning of:

"Provide factual evidence."

8 months ago

Yes, I should have probably said more, but there's not that much to say.

I think the mod was so much cleaner a few versions ago without all those fancy arrows. All I wanted from it was a rough estimation and a warning that patch is going to deplete soon. Now in my opinion is too much information showing up.

There are some mods on portal with lite versions. Like good mods that went a bit too far and I think this one in another one. I hope someone will make a lite version of it too.

There you go.

Mithaldu β˜†
8 months ago

I appreciate the effort, but also want to point out that it is necessary to actually try and make arguments, because your first post read like "remove the estimates" vs your new post sounding like "make a lite display".

I could add a lite mode toggle that shows only the resource type, time remaining and the buttons (so you can jump to the patch). Won't happen until next week, but how does that sound?

Also, are you making use of the "warnings only" mode with proper warning limits set in the config?

8 months ago

Actually it sounds great. And yes, I use warning only.

Mithaldu β˜†
8 months ago

plans changed a little, i just uploaded a version with a lite mode toggle :)

8 months ago

I like the new mode. I miss the add button but I can live without it. Thank you.

Mithaldu β˜†
8 months ago

to get the add button you can quickly switch out of lite mode, or do you really use it that often? :)

8 months ago

Umm I meant delete site button, not add button. But yeah, as I said I can live without it.

Mithaldu β˜†
8 months ago

well, that one should also still be available quickly if you switch to full mode for a sec :)

i have to ask because i need to make sure that it's not accidentally hidden entirely

7 months ago

Hi Mithaldu,

as dzbanek I also liked the old way of calculation (with percent) a little bit more. As requested with an example: I have some mining outposts (in a heavily moded game) that do like "bust mining" so every time the train parks there, I get a YARM warning, and when the miners stop than the warning disappears again. For this resource the time jumps between "in 20 minutes" and "never", and in this case I liked the "lower than 20%" more.

Mithaldu β˜†
7 months ago

bursts like that should be taken care of by the smoothing of mining speed measurements over time

can you share your savegame with instructions on how to see those bursts?

New response