Wood Harvester deprecated

by mg79

Adds an early-game building that automatically harvests wood around itself. Deprecated in favor of Mining Drones.

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Mining

b Wood harvester explodes when connected to power

5 years ago

I started a new game and added Wood Harvester, Alien Biomes, and Toxic Trees to my mods; I also have Bio Industries installed. In Toxic Trees, I have set tree density to 0.025 -- trees almost everywhere, so they still are a nuisance, but they're not planted so dense that I can't see myself anymore.

Now I place a wood harvester. As soon as I connect it to electric power, it doesn't start harvesting, but just explodes! There are no biters nearby, so the harvester is definitely not destroyed by an attack, but by receiving electric power. I assume that it might be a crazy interaction between mods. If you want to, I can provide a saved game.

5 years ago

Interesting! I'll look into it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Oops, this seems to be a rather serious bug that has nothing to do with Alien Biomes or Toxic Trees. I've uploaded a quick fix that stops it from exploding for now.

A bit of a hack, I just hardcoded the names of valid trees for now, I'll make a proper fix later this weekend.

5 years ago

Great! Just loaded the savegame, placed a harvester, and it started to remove trees. Thanks a lot for the fix!

New response