Wire Shortcuts

by daydev

Removes red and green wires as craftable items and makes them available as shortcuts, similar to blueprints and planners. Let them clutter your inventory no more! Additionally, adds a shortcut to pick up a copper wire for the rare instances when it's necessary. Also includes a wire cutter selection tool to quickly remove all wires in an area.

Utilities
1 year, 6 days ago
0.17 - 1.1

b [Won't Fix] Shortcut can generate more than one free wire

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Double-clicking the copper wire shortcut button and pressing Q, repeatedly, will keep adding a free wire to the inventory, building up the stack.

Maybe it is a "why would you even do that anyway" kind of bug, but after finding it I thought I may as well mention it.

3 years ago

I was able to reproduce it, but it seemed like a pretty slow and annoying process. It was always possible to cheat the copper wire shortcut if you really wanted to, for example, by placing the generated wire in a chest or on the ground (it only looks in the inventory). As long as it's a slow and laborious process, not feasible to produce real industrial quantities of wire, I don't think it's worth chasing the race condition.

New response