TA Miners

This is a Fork of (Texugo Texugo TA Miners)... Big Miners inspired on Total Annihilation metal extractors models, adds 3 tiers of massive miners that can mine entire ore spawns

Content
8 months ago
Mining

i []Output/filling belts question?

1 year, 11 months ago

Any way to have these output to both sides of a belt at once and/or add more output locations? Closest I have been able to go is a blue sorter as first belt but I believe that still limits the output as full blue belts are only 45 items/second, Or am I misunderstanding things?

1 year, 11 months ago

This may be a bit tricky to do I need to do some testing but I can answer some of your questions

1) yeah, blue belt are a bottle neck, to use the full output you need to put a chest in front of the output and then extract
2) you can full a belt by placing a splitter in front of the output, it's not a very used mechanic but you can double the output using a splitter and then join it in a single belt.

P.S. I suggest you to use a chest and a mod that add miniloader ot bots to transport the materials otherwise it's going to lose speed.

1 year, 11 months ago

I don't see a way to use the Mantle (and Moho) without losing speed period, it outputs 5.4 cargo wagons a minute worth of ore. The Moho/Mantle would need at least 2/4 outputs with blue splitters/belts for slightly less than output capacity (or 2/4 outputs if they can output to both sides) if outputting to belts. Chest works, but there is still a massive stop/start, even with warehouse mod buildings and 14 stack inserters. I wonder if it would be better to change size/area/output/power so two miners would fill a belt of equivalent tier

1 year, 11 months ago

well moho and mantle are more thought for modded gameplay but adding output on multiple sides should not be too hard, I'm gonna try today

1 year, 11 months ago

Sad story short, it's impossible, mining drill actually can have only one output and it's not something I can change...

1 year, 11 months ago

Understandable, I appreciate you taking to the time to look. I will stick to crust or eye some faster belt mods then.

1 year, 4 months ago

I don't see a way to use the Mantle (and Moho) without losing speed period, it outputs 5.4 cargo wagons a minute worth of ore. The Moho/Mantle would need at least 2/4 outputs with blue splitters/belts for slightly less than output capacity (or 2/4 outputs if they can output to both sides) if outputting to belts. Chest works, but there is still a massive stop/start, even with warehouse mod buildings and 14 stack inserters. I wonder if it would be better to change size/area/output/power so two miners would fill a belt of equivalent tier

Mine directly into a stationary train car, then extract 10 stack inserters’ worth of throughput from the train car.

5 months ago

Mine directly into a stationary train car, then extract 10 stack inserters’ worth of throughput from the train car.

I use a combination of AAI Containers & Warehouses & Warehousing Mod for an output box/buffer.

New response