TA Miners

This is a Fork of (Texugo Texugo TA Miners)... Big Miners inspired on Total Annihilation metal extractors models, adds 3 tiers of massive miners that can mine entire ore spawns

Content
8 months ago
Mining

b [DONE]Empty technology data

2 years ago

Can you please tell me, WHY do you set a field that's supposed to be a number, to an empty string? Better yet, why don't you properly define the prototype in the first place?

1 year, 11 months ago

do you have problem with the Technology system? (sorry for the late answer usually I check discord)

1 year, 11 months ago

My mod goes over all technologies and adjusts their costs based on how deep into the tech system they are.
Encountering inappropriate values for the tech data causes if to crash.

1 year, 11 months ago

I define those value as empty string because when I made that script I was not sure If I could set them to an "empty" integer.

This mod builds technology and recipes based on a table:
utils>"ta-data-table"
configured through user settings

...and update the technology/recipe in utils>"recipebuilder"+"functions"...

Keeping the technology empty make my job easier when I need to configure recipe and technology to avoid duplicates value.

If you want I can make an exception and move the recipe building in "data-updates", this way when your mod is going to read the values they're gonna to be set to a proper value.

Else you can join discord and we can try another solution so solve this... keep in mind that I need to know the name (id) of your mod to implement this.

I already did this for "CustomModules"... it just need a rework to accomodate a list of mods to check.

1 year, 11 months ago

You can configure the tech data based on the mod settings from the get go.
Purposefully putting inappropriate data into data.raw is just about the biggest of bad practices I can think of.

1 year, 11 months ago

I'm gonna push an update with some changes in tomorrow probably, let me know if that update fixes it
(keep in mind that if I put you "proper" value and then change it in my script as it is the changes of your mod are going to be lost or worse... recipe conflict then crash on startup)

1 year, 11 months ago

Did that update fix? Can I close this thread?

1 year, 11 months ago

Works for me, with the progressive tech mod, it gets a appropriate (expensive) tech cost and doesn't crash anything.
Thanks for the patch, I like those miners :)

1 year, 11 months ago

πŸ‘Œ

This thread has been locked.