Wind Turbines

Wind Turbines produce free energy, but are expensive to build and don't have a steady output. This mod adds 4 tiers of Turbines, from a small wooden Windmill to a Titanic steel and refined concrete turbine.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
Power

g Priority

2 years ago

Feels like a no nonsense wind turbine mod finally, but the priority doesn't seem to be above steam engines the way that solar panels are. Playing on rough biter settings so was hoping they would be a good way to make sure that boilers are only polluting when they need to.

2 years ago

Interesting.
I have no idea currently how to do that but will research it when time and maybe get that resolved.

You can however use lots of accus + circuitry to only power on boilers when accus are below a certain threshold.

2 years ago

The turbines do have higher priority than steam, but matching solar is not possible, as this level is only available to the solar panel prototype, for which I cannot set the current power output.

2 years ago

I meant to reply to wavetrex earlier, after playing some more it did become apparent they are above steam, the variance in the output made it less clear. Loving this mod alongside autonomous industries

New response