Merging Chests Unlimited

by Atria

Toggle mod for WideChests mod. Having this mod enabled together with WideChests removes width/height/area limits. Can increases memory usage and loading time significantly (depending on your mod settings).

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Storage

g Same limit with and without this extra mod

6 months ago

I have install the unlimeted + the normal mergin chest mod - this is right yes?

So i have no chances in the limit. It stads at 400 for bright and high, bit same 27 chests than it makes an second box.

Modpack "All the overhauls" if it is important.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

OK, NOW i understand why Mergine Chests Unlimited do absolut nothing. The only Lua File in it is absolut 100% empty. This zip have absolute not one letter code in it.

In WideChestsUnlimited_1.2.0.zip are:
thumbnail.png
info.json
data.lua (100% blanc, empty, nada)

6 months ago

So, i have found this in the config from "All the overhauls" (But your mod Merging Chests Unlimited still are broken):
I comment out it
--wide chest
--if mods["WideChests"] then
-- overwrite_settings("int-setting", "max-chest-width", 27)
-- overwrite_settings("int-setting", "max-chest-height", 27)
-- overwrite_settings("int-setting", "max-chest-area", 27)
-- overwrite_settings("double-setting", "inventory-size-multiplier", 1.0)
-- overwrite_settings("int-setting", "inventory-size-limit", 500)
--end

So for me as an workaround i set all 42 in file too 400

BUT all what i do. Ingame its also the 27 limitation. I have absolte no idear why. I have tested it also in the editor with a new game.

6 months ago

The mod settings for max width/height/area don't have any limits but during runtime they are limited to 42/42/1600 to prevent game from loading for 1000 hours when user accidentaly increased the limit too much. That is where the WideChestsUnlimited comes in, it removes the runtime limit, allowing you to really make even 1000x1000 chests if you set the mod setting to like that.

The WideChests checks for WideChestsUnlimited being enabled and based on that it either clamps the limits or not.

I don't know why "All the overhauls" overides the mod setting of WideChests but since it is below default limit 42/42/1600 then WideChestsUnlimited really does nothing.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

What ever i do i dont come over 27. I have delete the limitation in the "All the overhauls" but it dosent chance anything.
Mhh, verry strange.
and it was the only file in the Modpack what have the 27 write.

Have you any idear what could i make?
(So i will try to ask the other modder too)

Edit: So i have it now. I have no idear why now its work. But its work. I have my 400 Chests in a line.
im a little bit confused, taht i set box area to 1.600 that than ingame the Stacksize from steelchest are 1.600 Stacksize. but anyway.

6 months ago

There is not much you can do except talk to All the overhauls authors why it is there...and then you can always comment that part of the mod if you don't agree with their reason

6 months ago

Yup, the ATO mod author changes a lot of settings to make his mod pack feel more balanced. However, that balance is all based on his opinion and you can easily change it yourself if you want to.

6 months ago

Yes i have it now. Ther was a problem with the game option https://ibb.co/DR7FFb5
I have make all right in the file what i must chance.But in the ingame option i was complete confused with this option.
Maybe this is a translation issue. I thoud the option means only high * lengh (a * b = c²) - But you also must need this only if you want a single line - so it must be minimum so high the line you want.
AND the same option chance the stacksize and makes some crazy things.
If ilet it at 1600 like the default are my games needs ovr 10 minit to start or crashes and i have see the ram goes crazy in the taskmanager. And it shows mit ingame the loading scene it is on loading megin chets. I dont no why this happen. Maybe the engine can not handle this big stacks or what ever. But now i found 400 are ok - why ever the stacksize is chnging to to 400 but anyway.
I would understand that the loading long a savegame with this long chests but have not understand wha the game itself have trouble to load - but how ever - it works.
Thats why im so confued the last days.

I have comment out the section in All the Overhauls (If installed Merging Chests...). So have a nice day.

New response