Where is it Made?

Ever wondered where an item is being produced, or which chest it's stored in? Wonder no more. Pressing a hotkey (default ctrl+w) brings up a UI to help you find machines producing a certain recipe, or containers storing an item. Recently updated for 1.1.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Suggestion: Switch to map mode, icon change

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,

Love this mod! Could you please make it automatically switch to map mode when you click the search button(s), if it isn't in that mode already? Otherwise it appears to do nothing at all...

Also, I think a better icon for the second search button would be a storage box, and if you can make the search buttons have the light grey button background too I think they would be more obviously "action" buttons rather than "filter" selectors.

In any case, thanks! I use this mainly for housekeeping my mines, I use AutoDeconstruct to automatically dismantle them when they're exhausted, so I can then use WhereIsItMade to then jump around my base finding spare mines to place them on free resources.

Annihilannic

2 years ago

+1 for switching to map mode automatically. The gui_arrow is neat but useless if it is off the screen when you click the button. (It would be more useful if Factorio gave you those edge-of-screen arrows pointing toward it like they do for alerts.)

I'd say changing it to always open the map would be the most intuitive behavior. Simply add player.open_map(e.position) right before player.zoom_to_world and take out the condition on player render mode. Or add a per-player mod setting to make it always switch to map.

New response