Well Planner

Automatically layout pumpjack fields. Now works Natural Gas! Now works with Bob's Mods and Krastorio 2!

Utilities
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Mining Fluids

b crash on right click

3 years ago

The mod Well Planner (0.18.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WellPlanner::on_mod_item_opened (ID 83)
Unknown style CGUI_yellow_logistic_slot_button
stack traceback:
WellPlanner/control.lua:1034: in function 'item_selector_flow_2'
WellPlanner/control.lua:1117: in function 'gui_open_close_frame'
WellPlanner/control.lua:1175: in function 'on_mod_item_opened'
WellPlanner/control.lua:1212: in function <WellPlanner/control.lua:1210>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'

3 years ago

I got the same error.

3 years ago

To fix this you need to edit control.lua. This works for me.

Change lines
Line 1030: local style = "CGUI_logistic_slot_button"
Line 1032: style = "CGUI_yellow_logistic_slot_button"
Line 1189: sibling.style = "CGUI_logistic_slot_button"
Line 1191: event.element.style = "CGUI_yellow_logistic_slot_button"
to
Line 1030: local style = "compcat_slot"
Line 1032: style = "compact_slot_sized_button"
Line 1189: sibling.style = "compact_slot"
Line 1191: event.element.style = "compact_slot_sized_button"

3 years ago

I did try the above changes and in the latest experimental, the right mouse click still crashes.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Aerukath, gamerscircle:

Thank you to Aerukath for the code. I noticed that in their instructions, for line 1030, compact_slot is misspelled. When I edited control.lua in the mod's files, I did

Line 1030: local style = "compact_slot"

in addition to the other changes, and it seems to be working. Just a heads up for anyone who had this issue and - like me - copies and pastes instructions line-by-line =)

3 years ago

I had the crash problem, and I also confirm that this is the right fix -- update the two sets of two values, and you should be good to go.

For future reference for newbies to come, you'll need to find where your mods are kept (in Windows, it's C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\WellPlanner_0.18.7.zip -- AppData is a hidden folder, so you may need to get cute with view settings to make it visible; in other OSes, YMMV, Google is your friend). Unzip the file, click into the unzipped mod folder, edit control.lua, and go to the lines outlined above, make the changes Aerukath recommends, save, and close. Then, re-zip the folder as the same name and overwrite the "stock" version of WellPlanner in your mod directory. If it works, then you should be able to open Factorio, load your save, and right-click on a created WellPlanner object without a crash.

It's a hack and not the "right" way to update a mod (you should use Git and update your versions and metadata at least in the "happy path"!), but this is a Q&D fix until the author can publish a 0.18.8 to fix the bug.

... Of course, if there's a better way to do a Q&D patch, I'm always happy to learn a better way! :-)

3 years ago

I had the crash problem, and I also confirm that this is the right fix -- update the two sets of two values, and you should be good to go.

For future reference for newbies to come, you'll need to find where your mods are kept (in Windows, it's C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\WellPlanner_0.18.7.zip -- AppData is a hidden folder, so you may need to get cute with view settings to make it visible; in other OSes, YMMV, Google is your friend). Unzip the file, click into the unzipped mod folder, edit control.lua, and go to the lines outlined above, make the changes Aerukath recommends, save, and close. Then, re-zip the folder as the same name and overwrite the "stock" version of WellPlanner in your mod directory. If it works, then you should be able to open Factorio, load your save, and right-click on a created WellPlanner object without a crash.

It's a hack and not the "right" way to update a mod (you should use Git and update your versions and metadata at least in the "happy path"!), but this is a Q&D fix until the author can publish a 0.18.8 to fix the bug.

... Of course, if there's a better way to do a Q&D patch, I'm always happy to learn a better way! :-)

Got the same error.
And yeah, I understand that the "happy path" will come one day, but my question is about the other path...
Single player games can work on altered mod files okay, but I seem to have problems to host and get people to join if we have the same alterations is the mod files, is there some sum-check-thingy in the multiplayer code and cross-verification with the database? Would really love some help :)

@Gloin-the-Dark, I like the mod, thank you for the work <3 It makes life easier

3 years ago

yeah in the log files there are checksums for lua files listed
so the server part of the game probably exchanges these and compares to check for hacks.
just send everyone a copy of your mod zip file and have them use it instead I guess.

the only alternatives are the author fixing the mod
or someone else posting a fixed version of wellplanner to the mod site

3 years ago

just send everyone a copy of your mod zip file and have them use it instead I guess.

yep, I thought so to, and did send out the zip files, but That did not work. It was a endless cycle of syncing mods from the client side... I am a bit lost therefore

3 years ago

weird, no idea then other than I guess someone has to post the mod version officially
I don't feel like doing it myself though there's another mod I'm having to fix too
so almost tempting to start doing it, but not quite enough yet

3 years ago

Hi. I will try to release a fix tonight for the crashing bug in Factorio 1.0

3 years ago

awesome, thanks :) always nice to have it in the real mod

3 years ago

Hi. I will try to release a fix tonight for the crashing bug in Factorio 1.0

It didn't work out?

3 years ago

Hi, there's a PR in the github repository of the code that fixes the issues, can you accept it?

3 years ago

Got the same error.
And yeah, I understand that the "happy path" will come one day, but my question is about the other path...
Single player games can work on altered mod files okay, but I seem to have problems to host and get people to join if we have the same alterations is the mod files, is there some sum-check-thingy in the multiplayer code and cross-verification with the database? Would really love some help :)

@Gloin-the-Dark, I like the mod, thank you for the work <3 It makes life easier

i followed these steps but i still get this crash when i right click on the well planner:

Error while running event WellPlanner::on_mod_item_opened (ID 83)
Unknown style compcat_slot
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'

Hope it is fixed as i really like the concept of this mod.

3 years ago

This has been fixed in the latest 1.1.0 version. Enjoy! :-)

New response