Wear and Tear

by withers

Adds wear and tear mechanics to the game, plus automated maintenance.

6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15

g (bug) recycle recipes take precedence over existing recipes

7 years ago

Forgive the lack of screens, I'm on mobile. The game will, for example, tell me I need 4 old burner assemblers to craft a lab, rather than the resource cost. I am using marathomaton (which modified recipes) so I'm curious if it is causing breakage when combined with this mod. Please try to ensure these recycle recipes have minimal priority compared to the real recipes -- I have to handcraft bobs electronics if I want to build a lab, unless I automate building labs.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I think you're looking at the "raw ingredients", which is not the actual recipe. This mod does not, in any way, change existing recipes in the game. I'm aware there's an issue with the raw ingredients getting confused when a recycle recipe exists because, for example, a lab might need 16 plates, 4 plates can be "built" from a recycled burner, therefore the raw ingredients on lab is shown as 4 recycled burners.

This is an annoyance but does not effect the real recipes. I'll add it to known issues and see if I can find a way to deal with it. I know there's another mod out there which recycles stuff so perhaps there's a way.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

A work around for this issue is to make the recycle recipes assembler-only, e.g. category = "advanced-crafting". Then you can build things like the burner inserter by hand directly from iron plates. Gears are added to the queue by the game. Of course recycling is then no longer possible without assemblers.

Ps.: Your optimizations work super in my base, no freezes anymore :)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Oops! I did not realize it was messing up handcrafting. I've been using the no-hand-crafting mod. Yeah that is a bigger problem than I realized.

Okay. Just made the changes suggested by Maglay and included it in 1.0.8.

Thanks for the help on that!

New response