Wear and Tear

by withers

Adds wear and tear mechanics to the game, plus automated maintenance.

6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15

a Major update coming soon

7 years ago

I've got automation working! Will be releasing soon. You (all twelve of you, lol) will be able to have your robots automatically remove and replace old equipment with new equipment, including any recipes. That means a fully automated factory, which maintains itself by replacing aging equipment as needed. ZERO MICROMANAGEMENT! :D

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

How does recycling old equipment work into the bot network? Can you automate the process with logistics?

7 years ago

Yes! The old equipment becomes an "old" item when the bot removes it. It can be used in recipes just like any other item. The game creates a unique recycling recipe for every appropriate "old" equipment at run-time, including mods, these are all in a new "recycling" tab. Simply manage it through your logistic network just as you would anything else.

7 years ago

Cool! This mod is fantastic.

7 years ago

I actually have another question if you don't mind.

How often does the notification activate? Can it get annoying with a hundred going off at once?

7 years ago

It's anytime a piece of equipment changes to new stage of aging. You must have a massive factory, or have it configured for very fast aging, if you're getting spammed with them. You can turn them off in the config file.

weartear.notifications = false

7 years ago

Final question hopefully. When a robot picks up an old machine does it become dilapidated or is that just when a player picks it up?

7 years ago

Final question hopefully. When a robot picks up an old machine does it become dilapidated or is that just when a player picks it up?

7 years ago

The old machine gives an old machine, both from bots and player. I wanted to not make it too punishing for people who move stuff around a lot.

New response